RS stolen from Ford dealer

Home Forums General Members’ Cars RS stolen from Ford dealer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to hear this Steve.

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yes bobcat very true but unfortunately I’m bad for tarring businesses with the same brush. If I have a bad experience I don’t usually go back, I’m the same with takeaway outlets as well lol.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Wish you well ?

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

So what are the garage saying they are going to do for you?

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Kenny the only contact the garage have made is a two minute phone call this morning to say I can keep the courtesy car for another couple of days, apart from that I have heard nothing. Obviously I’ve informed the finance company and my insurance who said they will be in touch with Fords insurance and I had the police round this morning to take a statement, that’s all that’s happened.

like I said I’m pretty disgusted a manager from Ford has not even had the decency to phone me.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like 1 of the bad dealerships to me if the manager hasn’t even contacted you he sounds like a right prick. As others have said you get good and bad dealerships, my worst experiences were with audi and funnily enough my best ones with ford. But like you if I get that 1 bad take away from somewhere thats it I don’t go back ha. Hopefully it will get sorted and you’ll get a new car or your money back out of it

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

RSDave thanks mate looks like I’ve got no choice now but to get in touch with Ford UK head office as the dealer obviously doesnt want to talk to me.

Something tells me this is going to get interesting, stay tuned 🙂

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sounds like a inside job to me if dealer not taking

Fully forged running M400x

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sounds like a inside job to me if dealer not talking

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The service manager phoned this afternoon, I had to pry an apology out of him and he expected me to feel sorry because another car on the forecourt got damaged! Also he kept saying that they had done everything they could to keep my car safe and seemingly the key was in their safe.

Its going to be down to the insurance companies to come to a decision as to what gets paid out. In the meantime I will be left carless as they want the courtesy car back next week.

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

They want the courtesy car back next week.

You have got to be kidding.They are taking the pisssss.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I would be telling the manager to fuck off, they lost my beloved RS on the forecourt. Get it sorted or pay the price to replace ASAP????

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Thats crazy have the front to ask for the car back.

So will your insurance be called upon in this instance or theirs? Whatever way it goes the insurance company should sort you a car.

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Kenny according to the police who I spoke to today they were under the impression that Fords insurance will pay out but whether they do so without a fight I don’t know.

The funny part is the police are classing it as a house break in and the thieves just happened to steal a car, as it was parked inside a building. But looks like I’ll be left without a car over the holidays so all my plans with the kids are right out the window.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

I dropped off my RS for the recall on the 19 June. Got the phone call to say all sorted on the 22 june, but going on holiday for 1 week so will hopefully pick the RS on 2 July, got to delership on the on the day, but they couldn’t find the keys, I was getting very hot under the pressure as I had seen the RS parked in car park but nobody could find the keys, after walking around the car park to cool off I went back in to service department and asked if they had spoken to the technical department who had been working on my RS.???? 5 minuets later they came to look for me to say the technician that had done the HG on my RS  had locked the keys away in there safe as he was on holiday that day.?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS stolen from Ford dealer. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!