Show us your garage/man cave!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Show us your garage/man cave!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning all,

Another anti-boredom thread. As the title states looking to see some cool garages/man caves with some useful storage solutions.

I am looking to do a bit to mines when I’m home. Currently is a pretty standard double garage with 2 single doors at the front and I have fitted some kitchen wall units along with a fridge freezer for my beers.

Want to do something with the floor. Not sure whether to resin coat, tile (garage rubber tiles or normal tiles) or simply just paint and seal the cement floor. Don’t fancy painting and dealing with flaking paint though.

Also has anyone ever painted breeze blocks? Heard it can be a pain in the a**e but never tried.

Also looking for storage ideas. Garage is used to store 2 cars but fairly high ceilings so best option is high level storage

Photos very much welcome

Cheers

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Here’s a couple of photos of mine

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Nateodog,

Your photo hasn’t worked. Just blank

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Good idea for thread Neil

Only one hophouse 13 in the fridge,loose man points for that Unless there is a heap of empties by the door ?

Are you going to epoxy the floor to keep dust down

May the Ford be with you

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@yorkirs

Haha I know it’s a pretty good beer. Had drank the rest by that point im sure.

I’m not sure to be honest. I initially looked at the rubber tiles although I’ve heard mixed reviews. I know someone who fitted them and he was doing a job in the garden, left door open and they warped in the sun.

Also worked with a guy who tiled his garage floor and it looks awesome. Would be worried about dropping something on them though.

Have you ever used epoxy resin? Wonder how easy it is. They have it in the locker rooms on the oil rig I work on. The place is 5 years old and it has worn really well so I do fancy that.

Cheers

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Neil

yes I put 2 part epoxy down, I considered tiles but decided the epoxy solution as it was east and good value

The epoxy went on top of old garage floor paint that was 10yrs old, I was and am really pleased with it as it’s so easy to clean, another advantage is it’s easy to see the dropped nut or bolt.

As with  a lot of jobs the most time consuming part was the precleaning and preparation. Any oil /contaminants needs to be removed To ensure good adhesion. Putting the epoxy down was easy, I used a roller for the floor and brush for the edging.

It

May the Ford be with you

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Sounds good,

What were the costs all in if you don’t mind me asking?

How long did it take to prep the floor and then coat?

Have you got any photos of it?

Cheers

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

I will get some photos hopefully tomorrow and check how much I used.

The prep took about 1/2 day, as the surface was previously painted I went over with a rag and white spirit followed by a jet wash.

The cost was about £100 for materials but it was 10 years ago, the coverage was as stated on the tins.

May the Ford be with you

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I put R-Tek garage tiles down about three years ago. They were not the cheapest but are great quality and very easy to fit.

bmac800
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bmac800

That looks really smart. Easy enough to lay? I take it you just buy a trim piece for the edges much the same as skirts in a house?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

CHRIST !!! those garages are FAR too clean and tidy, they look like no work has ever taken place in them !! heres a corner of mine just after a few wee jobs and not tidied the benches yet !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Waiting for someone to post one with a stripper pole…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Show us your garage/man cave!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!