So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • Author

RyanMasters93
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda… someone clearly wanted to be a teacher growing up

mikee
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’m 56 but I certainly don’t feel it . I listen to Capital on the radio ,but I keep the volume level around 3 so I can hear the tune the exhaust is playing !

darren
    Participant

UK - England

Feeling the love Mike never had a role model or someone to point me in the right direction.

As they say your never to old to learn.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

I’m 56 and the RS made me 30 again. I’ve been driving Mondeo Estates for the company, for the kids, for my wife, for IKEA shopping, for relocations, for parties and what have you. The heck with it! Now this Nitrous Blue Roswitha Baby is mine alone and I make it look good every day 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

john-tukan
    Participant

UK - England

Well I’m sorry but I think it’s a disgrace that old people should drive an RS! Having just returned from A&E at my local hospital it was obvious the strain the NHS was under due to this in considered load of hooligans.

There they were moaning about accidentally putting the suspension into sports mode and dislocating hips, knees, loosing dentures and not to mention the effects of a weak bladder. Ear, nose and throat was full of wrinklies who’s eardrums were damaged due to changing their exhaust because it wasn’t loud enough, only to find out the batteries had gone flat in their hearing aids and on replacing the batteries suffered ear overload. I spoke to one paramedic who said he saw an old chap in an RS with a distorted face. He rushed to resuscitate him thinking he’d had a stroke only to find it was a silly grin cos he was enjoying himself – disgraceful!

As for mods, help lines have been inundated with oldies getting confused with the latest Mountune kits unsure whether they are engine bits or hoover extensions. It has been known for one user to try and fit an induction kit to a Dyson hoover.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves and get something that befits your age. Maybe a Porsche 911!!!!!!!!!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Age is only but a number 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I thought I would be the Old Man in this group but at 58 obviously not! Bought my RS after taking early retirement and love it but realise that I am an Old Fart after all because I spend half the night reading the handbook and still cant figure out how to use the Sync 3!

willshot
    Participant

UK - England

I’m 63 and this is the first real performance car I have owned. Early retirement present and I’m loving it.

RS at Castle Howard

Will Shotton

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@john, classic, just enjoy your posts.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ TFRS  Nice one right back to you pal !

I know one thing for sure, this RS makes me feel like getting some young ladies in the back like my old Capri 3.0 GXL used to round them up!! ( trouble is, I don’t want my virgin back seats soiled)

The Frozen White bikini girls…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

@ 71-bda same here but had four in the back one on my mates lap in my 1970 Corrina 1600E they were the days ? ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Willshot  nice pic ! great with the sunroof innit!

paul m  I know what you are saying about the sync 3 and reading the handbook. After 6 months and 2200 miles , today I have just learnt that if you press DISP it turns the screen on and off!!

‘ Darren, you know me mate, its strictly ALL tongue in cheek definitely no offence intended and as for wanting to be a teacher, oh hell no, from what I see of todays schools, the kids are BIGGER than most of the teachers and somehow have to teach discipline from a position of weakness through fear of being accused of physical or mental abuse to some right mouthy little upstarts who parents didn’t give a fook when they were bringing them up. Bring back the cane/slipper/chalk eraser throw across room etc etc and maybe I’d consider it ! lol

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ TFRS, oh mate, I was cruising around one night through Richmond and 3 utter babes jumped out thumbing a lift while I was in my RS1600, happy days I thought, then just as the last one got in, two big blokes jumped in TOO!! i had fallen for the oldest trick in the book. They were all friendly so agreed to drop them off in Putney at some club, ( my rear leafsprings must have been on the bumpstops as its low at the back already!) they invited me to join them so i did for a while but decided to leave before things got too messy and would have ended up me taking them home drunk as a punk. Times did seem more fun back then !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda yeah definitely don’t think you would get away with that these days shame!! ? ?

peters
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

50 going on 15 so i am told by my youngest daughter eyes rolling in despair as sports mode is selected

Its back !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!