So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
  • Author

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

your only as old as you feel , still think I’m in my twenties lol apart from the aches and pains ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, I can remember exactly where I was when I first saw a black man ! must have been about 1967, I was walking along Staines Road Twickenham outside the sub post office holding mums hand , I was about 4, and this (what seemed to me, a small person) huge black man came past, I looked up , I must have been staring , and I remember my mum saying “don’t stare its rude”  I had no idea, I really thought he was ill or something was very wrong ! Yesterday when I saw the nitrous I also saw about ten doors from mums,  the first woman I ever saw fully naked !! she was stripping the paint off her mums front door, shes now 57, and moved back with her mum after a recent divorce. We were both aged 2 when we got naked in a paddling pool in her back garden circa 1965, it seems like yesterday. So I mentioned it to her for a laugh as her twenty-something daughter was standing nearby, she looked horrified as I said “Sue, you were my first naked woman” and then added a moment later ” when we were two” !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, brilliant just brilliant. I must admit I had a great time as a youngster my Father was one of six and my uncles and aunts lived nearby so I got to see all my cousins often. The summer holidays were a real treat, there would be 5/6 cars full of people, camping equipment ect and we would all go off in convoy and I remember going to such places as Margate, Christchurch and Great Yarmouth over the years. Happy times ????

Honorary Member

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Recently turned 34. Seems I’m in the younger category. Surprised that an RS gets labelled a chav car yet the average age is way higher than i thought.

440bhp

443lbft

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

1. @ Matt.B People think the RS is a boy racer car and don’t think people but it got its heritage. I love all RS models ever since I was a boy but I could not afford one regrettably and missed out on some great cars, so when I had the chance to buy one I did and will never get rid of it. Wife thinks I’m having a mid life crisis so I told her she’s lucky I got the car not a new woman ?. Let’s hope we can all meet up soon, not sure how many members are in Dorset so might be looking to jump on another areas meet to meet some guys in person.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not the oldest, but defo not the youngest either, on the wrong side of 50 just. Misus is always telling me I should grow up- NEVER, mind is young, women grow up and get old, men get old but never grow up.

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

@1234enough, that’s what my missus thinks but I agree with you and having missed out on other great RS’s I will be driving mine even when I’ve got a Zimmer frame ??

hocus-pocus
    Participant

UK - England

I was a young 54 yr old in Feb ’16 when I placed the order for the RS. Now 60 is approaching really fast. Time really is flying by.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

@boomboom

You’re right. Not many people can afford an RS say below 30. Certainly in the old days before PCP credit etc. I’m sure if the cost was lower, we’d see a younger average age. Plus, the insurance cost for younger RS drivers must be astronomical.

NB FPM375

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

Marked my 50th 21st birthday last November and still love the thrill and sheer enjoyment of driving an RS. Once bitten forever smitten….

dundee
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

54 this year. Always been a Ford freak and always will.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

My wife calls it “the boy racer car” haha she is 29 and I just turned 31.

Had an electric orange ST3 when I was 21 until 24 then a grey RS4 for 5 and a half years which she deemed a grown up, sensible car apart from “the loud noise” it made. Then a focus RS at 30. She says I must be trying to relive my youth and keep in with the young team!

Worse things in life to waste money on though haha

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

Knocking the door of 57 and got the figure to prove it ??, car takes the years off though!

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I’m in my seventies and it’s a good workout to drive it hard

great for the core

beats Pilates ….

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

I,m 55 and lovin the RS,but if kenny is reading these posts looks like we’re gonna have some walking sticks and Zimmer frames coming soon.

of course they’ll be available in white,black nitrous blue,grey ,red and orange.

Former RS Edition owner

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!