Sync 3 Software Updates

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Sync 3 Software Updates

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Updated Sync to version 3.018 two days ago via the Ford website which then prompted me to download 2 further maps files of 7 and 22gb respectively which updated maps to the aformentioned F7 version.  Uploaded the log file and it offered up another update of 22gb.  I shall run this next week to when I have time, but my gut feeling is the second 22gb update is a glitch on Ford’s system.

buz
    Participant

UK - England

I checked on Ford site with my VIN and I’m due a sync3 update, which I knew a few weeks ago but now it says my maps are up to date. My RS had the HG recall done last week which included some software updates so can I have the latest v7 maps running old sync software?? I asked the dealer to do the sync3 update for me whilst it was there but they said it’s a chargeable service even though it was getting other updates ?

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

Ian F
    Participant

UK - England

It is certainly not a chargeable service, that just means they could not be bothered. It takes quite a while to download then upload to the car. Hence them hiding behind a charge.If you have time just do it your self. Just check in the settings before you start an see which version of sync and maps you are on

buz
    Participant

UK - England

I didn’t think it was but because I knew I could do it myself I didn’t really see much benefit of kicking up a fuss. I’ll check my versions later and give it a go.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just updated Sync3 to 18025 no problem, but the Ford website is saying that my system is now up to date with no option to update maps which are not version F7.  The link to the unofficial release is also not working.

Can anyone help please?

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

I think I’ve just found the answer to my question on another forum.

Apparently it takes a couple of days for the fact that I’ve updated Sync 3 to register on Ford’s system before they will then state that there is a map update available!

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Mine took a few minutes to register the update and give me access to the maps – its still telling me there is a 22gb update available on maps even though I have updated to F7 with the last 22gb update…

Smoothound
    Participant

UK - England

Tried to install it on mine but it persistently fails ???

Cheers

Phil

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

After doing the Sync 3 update yesterday, I was able to download the new maps today and have just completed the installation. It took about one and a half hours, so be patient.

By the way, I used a USB stick which has an indicator led in it, so was reassured to see it blinking whilst being read by the car’s system, then steady, then it was complete.

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

“Updated Sync to version 3.018 two days ago via the Ford website which then prompted me to download 2 further maps files of 7 and 22gb respectively which updated maps to the aformentioned F7 version.  Uploaded the log file and it offered up another update of 22gb.  I shall run this next week to when I have time, but my gut feeling is the second 22gb update is a glitch on Ford’s system.”

RSJon I have had exactly the same happen to me – done one 22gb update and now the Ford website is stating that there’s another 22gb to do.  Did you get to the bottom of this by any chance?

davyr5
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi guys,

I have Recently got my RS and it also needs this update can anyone post an idiots guide of how to do this please. I am a computer mong and i have tried to update using the instructions on the Ford website, so far all I’m getting is an error message saying to down load the files again. Help please!

Davy

My 1st Ford since 1993, and its awesome!

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

davyr5

I am afraid I can’t offer you any help re carrying out updates personally, however, from your other thread, I gather you’ve only very recently collected your Red Edition from your local Ford garage, perhaps you could ask them to install the updates FOC as a courtesy gesture being as you’ve only just purchased the car from them. Worth a try, nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that, just a thought.

I hope your still enjoying the car, let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Rob

davyr5
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, You’re right I think its probably best that i ask my local dealers to help with this one, Thanks anyway.

Davy

My 1st Ford since 1993, and its awesome!

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sync 3 Software Updates. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!