U.K. Virus Alert

Home Forums General Non RS Chat U.K. Virus Alert

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 241 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
    The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
    The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let’s Get the Bastard.” They don’t have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”
    The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”
    Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we’ll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

Keep calm and keep on RS’ing

Honorary Member

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Brilliant Bobcat lol, got it about right with us Scots Lol. Totally we all need to “Keep Calm” Cheers Tom

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

That made me chuckle bob.?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Well, I’ve had enough. I’ve just had to tell my 2 kids that we aren’t going to Florida this Easter. They’ve been counting the days for almost 18 months. To say we are upset is an understatement.

NB FPM375

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by stu-c.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@stu-c was going to LA  April…. Kids been the same counting down all year ☹️

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

Feel for you mate. Mine gone to bed with tears.

NB FPM375

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Latest purchase limits placed on shops, in light of the Coronavirus due to panic buying;

ASDA: 2 hand sanitisers and a 4 pack of toilet rolls.

TESCO: 1 hand sanitiser, 500g of rice and 4 pack of toilet rolls.

WAITROSE: 1 lobster, 6 quails eggs and 100g of Foie Gras.

ALDI: a MIG welder, a pink sports bra, 2 trumpets and 1 wetsuit.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat brilliant a good summary made me laugh. ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

most excellent 1234 !  so no bulk buying TIG welders then?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

This cracked me up lads!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t mention Aldi, went in for some fruit and a paper.

Came out with:

A welding set

2 spirit levels

Another battery drill

box of washers, metric set screws, nuts.

12 bottles of Theakstons old perculiar ( stocking up for self isolation)

No raspberries or strawberries though…….

May the Ford be with you

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t mention Aldi or Lidl, went in for some fruit and a paper.

Came out with:

A welding set

2 spirit levels

Another battery drill

box of washers, metric set screws, nuts.

12 bottles of Theakstons old perculiar ( stocking up for self isolation)

No raspberries or strawberries though…….

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to U.K. Virus Alert. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!