Which tyres are best

Home Forums Performance Tyres Which tyres are best

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Stiff sidewalks for cornering stability not for comfort.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Not sure about sidewalks, but with the side walls its the profile not thickness. Below is my conti’s vs my cup 2 set… Because of the side wall profile, less tram lining…. Cup 2’s are awesome in the summer, but will kill you in the winter đŸ€Ł

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with GM about the cup 2s. Mine are coming off very soon

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

seaneyb
    Participant

UK - England

Goodyear eagle f1 supersports are a very good tyre. Just had 4 fitted on mine a month ago and work brilliantly in the wet and dry. Very similar to the PS4s to be honest. You do get a bit more sidewall with the goodyears and come with a rim protector, which is ideal to prevent any stone chips/kurb marks.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Cup2 tyres in DecemberđŸ€”, won’t need to press drift button for entertainment. Great in summer, like fitting a magnet to a steel plate, when warmed up properly.

Need to be VERY careful and restrained if used when temps are low and tyres cold on damp tarmac.

May the Ford be with you

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Full set of Goodyear Super Sports fitted today. Drive home was in very wet conditions but felt good and stable. Looking forward to dry weather and further evaluation. Will report back.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

This is a decent watch, comparing the PS4 v PS4S v Cup 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMv64liOqIE

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

@elliot Did you ever get the veering steer effect under hard acceleration with the Michelins? If so, be interested to hear if you still get it with the Goodyears.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I had bad veering with the standard super sport Michelins. Next to nothing now on the Ps4s. I was going to try contis 6 as I had contis on the vxr. Not sure if my car has had the pdc turned off but does have a lsd.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Had the Goodyears on for a week now. Usual commute to work where veering was an issue. Really pleased to report that my RS is pulling hard and fast with no issue. PDC off with standard tyre pressures, a real pleasure to drive now.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Finally, winter tyres are stored and here goes a brand new set of 4 Michelin PS4 S, 2.8/2.6 bar, burn-in 300 km.

Now, I call this a quantum leap compared to the Super Sport:

• Improved running smoothness is readily appreciable.
    • Reactivity with steering is brilliant!
    • Grip in corners is fantastic!
    • No more veering, no tram lining.

I am happy! 😀

Thanks a bunch to all you guys who advocated this tyre! Cheers👌👍😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

faber
    Participant

France

I confirm it’s tires are super top really awesome.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rĂ©troviseur + clignotant sĂ©quentielle black / Feu arriĂšres sĂ©quentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgĂ©es avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / VĂ©rins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / SystĂšme tĂ©lĂ©commande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’Ă©changeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumĂ©rotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arriĂšre Ford performance/Ă©changeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I was told by my local tyre place that the supersports had been discontinued so i ended up with pilot sport 4. Very happy with them. When the rear need replacing i will probably get them again.

440bhp

443lbft

frs3
    Participant

UK - England

I’m almost ready for a new set of summer rubber, thinking of Michelin PS4’s, Goodyear Super Sports or the Continental 6. I also suffer from the veering steering on the Michelin OEM tyres.

@elliot
    are the Goodyear’s still a pleasure to drive with no veering?

@frenk
    are the PS4’s still veering free?

Has anyone tried the Continentals?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Which tyres are best. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!