Which tyres are best

Home Forums Performance Tyres Which tyres are best

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@frs3: Thanks for your enquiry.

We had still snow in April when I mounted the PS4S and only by the end of May temperatures reached above 25 °C. But now I have made 4500 kilometres on them and the verdict is: brilliant – in every respect!

In comparison to the stock Super Sport, both tram lining and veering have virtually disappeared. Two particular features have caught my attention right away and needed adjustment of driving style:

• The ride is slightly softer, as if you would wear running shoes instead of boots. So pressures are now 2.8 bar all around.
    • The reactivity to steering input is quite scary at first. You have to calm down your hands because the cornering is now very swift.

After a couple of hundreds kilometres, however, I have adjusted to the transformed behaviour and I am totally relaxed while cornering about 10 km/h faster than before in full confidence of the grip.

Cheers, drive safe 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

RutgerHauer
    Participant

UK - England

Just reading through some comments here, I have Michelin PS4’s 2 new added to the front last Oct, only done 2k on them and I’ve had them checked for tracking twice due to the odd tramlining that seems to occur sometimes. That said I suspect it might be due to the undulating road as I swerve missing potholes which are abundant in Hertfordshire 🤬

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

@phil when I got mine it had the Super Sports on and plenty of tread. The VS and TL was so bad in all honestly I dont think I’d still have the car today if it continued. I had the Pull Drift thing turned off which made a small improvement, had the tracking set up by the best in area which again made a small improvement but floor it or cross white line and I had no faith in the car and it scared me. Give me high power torque steer any day over VS.

so in last ditch attempt I changed all 4 to PS4’s, fitter said super sports looked ok tread depth but just over 3 years old as a sports tyre they had it and might as well be a budget tyre.

the car is transformed tbh and done 4k miles on the tyres, never had VS and only once TL on a stretch of the a14 where all cars TL, only thing different between us is the roads we drive (doubt much difference) so have you got the Pull Drift thing turned off (think it’s PDC?) someone will correct me. Or for sake of 260 quid ish change other 2 tyres?

RutgerHauer
    Participant

UK - England

I got PS4 all around, 5.8mm tread, very interesting suggestion @RS@WUB. It only happens when I have a heavy right foot no issues at speed, no scuffing of tyres. Straight line acceleration is fine, only when I accelerate through a corner so sounds like you might have hit the nail on the head. Thanks. PS where do u buy and fit 2x PS4 for £260 ish, I think we might all be queuing up 👍

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

PDC OFF, 12% more on RDU, H&R Bars, Eibach Springs, Hunter 4 wheel, DSC controller And conti sport 6’s….. And thats just to make it go straight 😂

Any premium tyre over than the original that came with the RS have been good tho…

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Black circles I think I ended up around 130 to 140 a tyre. Think it was 15-20 percent off at time.

matt972
    Participant

UK - England

Is there much difference between the Michelin 4 and 4s?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Which tyres are best. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!