Winter Has Arrived

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter Has Arrived

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve been known to wash a car in the pitch dark, like the night before a car meet etc so wouldna blame you for snowfoaming!!  looks bloody cold there

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Not too bad ground temp is currently -4 with the Thermometer Gun – Air temp 0 dgreeeeeeees.

This is only the Bucks/Oxon Boarder, snow slowed up now, ready for the overnight freeze up.

Might need winter tires at this rate myself.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Wow thanks alloy, snow showers on the way then ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, get them winter tyres on asap ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

How’s the weather Brembo, the forecast doesn’t look very good for you on the rig.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The first snow of 2019 fell in Norwich today.

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Evening mate, or is it morning?? I don’t know!! Apologies I’ve not been on much lately, been flat out at work. 2 weeks done and I’m already fit for home, ?, never mind only one week left.

As for the weather, it’s been cold mate!! We had a wee bit of snow but it didn’t come to anything. It just seems to be really windy all the time and it’s a cold wind believe me.

The Rig is currently Waiting On Weather (W.O.W.), that basically means no Drilling and the Cranes are out of limits due to the wind speed and sea state. When it’s like this most of the crew are sheltered somewhere out the weather maybe painting or cleaning etc. but for me it’s a proper busy time as all the equipment is shut down you have to catch up with maintenance that you don’t normally get a chance to do when the Rigs Drilling ahead and Cranes are working nonstop. So I spent tonight up the Port side Crane in a bitterly cold 50 to 60 knot wind. I could think of better ways to spend my Tuesday night, lol. I got some cracking footage of some real big waves on the W/shop IPad so hopefully I’ll work out how to get them onto my phone and I’ll post them up here. Anyway, must dash.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Big thanks for the update Marc, as always interesting to hear how things are at sea. The snow showers are not forecast for us in the East until next week.

Honorary Member

r5-yyh
    Participant

UK - England

Half Nitrous blue half Frozen white this morning.. perfect time to try drift mode on the way to work..

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice pic r5, looks cold there ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, normal service has returned to Richmond! suns out..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice bda things are back to normal here in Norwich too, cold but bright.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Above photos are before and after and following are closer views of new wheels and tyres.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter Has Arrived. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!