Winter is on its way

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter is on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I really feel for all affected by the floods. I’m hoping that things clear up soon. Has anyone lost their RS to the floods?

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat you’re so right, the floods are just a life changing event for so many people and families. It will take them months to get back to normal.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Next week’s Arctic blast will be so cold, forecasters expect it to break 170 records across US
    Doyle Rice USA TODAY
    Published 2:28 PM EST Nov 8, 2019
    This week’s cold snap is only an appetizer compared with the main Arctic blast that’s coming next week, meteorologists said. That freeze could be one for the record books.

“The National Weather Service is forecasting 170 potential daily record cold high temperatures Monday to Wednesday,” tweeted Weather Channel meteorologist Jonathan Erdman. “A little taste of January in November.”

The temperature nosedive will be a three-day process as a cold front charges across the central and eastern U.S. from Sunday into Tuesday.

The front will plunge quickly through the northern Plains and upper Midwest Sunday, into the southern Plains and Ohio Valley Monday, then through most of the East Coast and Deep South by Tuesday, the Weather Channel said.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers @Bobcat

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Snowfall warning for southeast Alberta
    Nov 09, 2019
    Medicine Hat, AB – A snowfall warning has been issued for a wide swath of southeastern Alberta by Environment Canada. The city of Medicine Hat, County of Newell, Cypress County and portions of Special Area #2 along the Red Deer River are covered by the warning. Intense snow is expected Saturday night as a strong cold front moves into the area bringing 10 cm of snow with some areas seeing up to 20 cm, according to Environment Canada, temperatures are also expected to dip significantly over the course of the weekend.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

A little closer to home ?

https://www.weathertoski.co.uk/weather-snow/

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bobcat. Referring to the articles you have posted especially the electroverse one with the really interesting look at sun spots, what’s your take on global warming?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@davers3, Mmm I am afraid to answer that, I do believe in the fact there is global warming <i>BUT, </i> not in the way we are being forced to believe. The earth rotates round the sun (we all know that) but it’s not a true even rotation it is an extended oval. Approximately every 1750 +/- 100 years, due to the effects of the moon, the earth extends in opposite directions.

We are at this moment in the rotation that causes the earth to be hotter than normal. In time the rotation will go the other way and we will colder than normal.

Real-life sci-fi worlds #3: the oscillating Earth

The Government’s around the world have seen a way to frighten people and raise taxes ???  I’ll get of my soap box now.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter is on its way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!