dreamscience figures?

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU dreamscience figures?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah mate

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I spoke to a guy today who loves the dream science map but every dyno they seem to go on they don’t seem to get the numbers , that’s why I went Litchfield,  and there lack of information

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy

Have you put some dyno figures up as I can’t see anything ?.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah don’t know what’s going on with it pal, the numbers just don’t add up?!

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Billy3

No mate I don’t have it, just saying they dreamscience don’t seem to have any figures

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks I just thought it was my system.

Yeh I have not seen anything either but the car certainly runs well with the DS on.

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

I won’t believe a DS dyno figure until I see a corresponding boost plot.

If it’s not loading up correctly on the dyno and generating the same boost it does on the road then the figures it reports are worthless.

I’m not sure how the torque based maps are configured on the RS but if it has a minimum and maximum wastegate duty map and the maximum is set too low in a dyno loading scenario it will run differently to out on the road.

For example under dyno conditions the ECU could be reporting a low calulated torque figure which maps across to the wastegate/boost control maps. These subsequently demand a higher % of wastegate duty to increase the boost to achieve the demanded torque figure. If the car is already running it’s maximum mapped wastegate duty it is effectively capped.

Therefore it will never achieve the target boost/load and hence never achieve the power it would expect.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Wasn’t they a dyno day quite a while back and Litchfield and Stratford were making 395 and revo about 390? Doesn’t add up that dreamscience would make stock power?

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

People have also moved from FPM375 to DS with significant bum dyno improvements.

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

What is required here is a V-box road dyno comparison between 3 cars on the same road on the same day. A standard car, a FPM375 and a DS mapped car. You just don’t get representative figures from a dyno on some cars – particularly if the mapping is essentially road based instead of optimised on a dyno…

Slàinte Mhath

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Just logged the DS Ultima tune on Torque Pro and it would appear from the OBD output that OBD boost signal is capped at 1.55bar (22.4809psi). Every full boost pull/plot achieved 22.4809psi, and as good as the boost control maybe I doubt it’s able to achieve the same every time to 4 decimal places.

The dash boost gauge goes higher on the DS Ultima tune than it does on the stock map, and also comes up more linear/earlier wihout the step up that the stock tune give. So the gausge must be getting it’s signal from somewhere else.

Torque Pro also logged 1.55 bar on the stock map (above 5200rpm), so my theory is that the DS tune does some capping in the reporting of boost such that the ECU thinks it’s running stock.

Or that particular OBD boost related output has itself got an ECU reporting limit. I know that on VAG there is a limit as to what VAGCOM can report, despite the car running higher.

I will do some more logging with the DS handset to see if that has some intelligence to report real boost, if infact what I have seen above is a capped output.

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

why not use the data log on the ds hanset ?

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

I just have and it does the same. Hits 1.55bar max when logging with the default boost parameter setting.

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

A quick Google and it’ a common thing not only on Ford.

It’s due to the generic OBD PID only being 1 byte long which is 255 bits and scaled as 0.01 bar per bit.

So 2.55 is 1 bar atmospheric pressure plus 1.55 bar turbo pressure. So it max’s out the ‘byte’. Simples…….

Just need to find if there’s a Ford specific PID that’s scaled differently.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I did a rolling road day last year in my mk2 there was an st there he bought turbo exhaust etc , emailed dream science map , it made 5 bhp more than before his girlfriend was pissing herself laughing ……..

Must be a conspiracy on rolling roads against dream science figures lol

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to dreamscience figures?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!