DSC Module Loan/Hire offer

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC Module Loan/Hire offer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

It was enjoyable to read Steve’s quotes from me. Yes it was good to test the device. And good to get the refund.
    BUT

I was concerned that Steve repeatedly insisted on Paypal payment sent as a GIFT. It was a stand off. Eventually when the sale was at risk Steve relented. He stopped his insistence that I paid his Paypal fees as an EXTRA.

he even stated that the fees were so cheap that I shouldn’t bother about the small extra. Seemingly missing the point that I was buying a product not sending money to my family.
    from then on EVERYTHING  that I wrote was for the sole purpose of getting the refund should I need it. I could say much more but I won’t.
    the only other issue is all the assumptions in Steve’s post. I wish I was a novice setting out on a new adventure but in reality I have raced and tracked for 30 years and my Brands times are under 60 secs which is ok for a bog standard car even if I say so myself. Every single day I do on track is a test for something otherwise why bother?. As for tyre pressures they have to be adjusted as 45 lbs hot is the sensible limit for standard tyres. A drying track necessitates letting air out and it often doesn’t go back in anytime time soon as I enjoy the car tyres on about 30 lbs  but they always start the day standard pressures

This is “on thread” as it concerns the module and the seeker thereof.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Seeker and seller.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one kr1s. I think its also pretty common practice to drop a few psi in a tyre(s) if you are struggling to get heat into it, for example on a cold day, in order to get a bit of grip out of it.

All I said in my initial post was to suggest maybe a back to back test, where the owner/driver does not know what controller is fitted, and two drives over a common route  and then see what and if any benefit or driving differences could be noticed. Surely a good idea? But no, I immediately get the double team of Steve and his well known ‘wingman’  come back with the usual load of verbal abuse and personal attacks !!  Surely if one was so confident of the DSC units efficacy then a back to back blind test would show the units  alleged greatness??

Regarding Steves defending of the retail fixed price, I recall when the product first came on the market another Motorsport dealer on the other forum started to sell the unit and was suggesting a price of £650 for a ‘group buy’ of ten units on that forum, then another member there named Bry or brian if i recall correctly also tried to get a better deal for the members and sell at similar price. Then very strangely, someone let DSC know what was going on and both of the other resellers were stopped dead in their tracks.. and out of the smoke Steve walks in retailing at the full £1050 or whatever it was, upsetting quite a few people!

The demand for a less harsh ride in the RS is what brought the DSC controller to the market mainly as a   remedy for the hard ‘jarring?” ride which some moaned about. Then after a while users began to say that its main benefit was to make the sport mode (‘bloody firm’) mode useable on the road. Thats probably because the DSC can switch from Fords sport mode to normal mode momentarily to ‘soften’ the bloody hard sport mode, but in normal mode not much benefit is noticed regards to comfort ( what most buyers want and buy it for) because in normal mode its already as soft as the damper can ever be and no one ever made a car more comfortable or softer sprung/softer damped by switching to a firmer mode in the damping !!

I personally love the std cars handling/ride/ comfort level as its not a daily driver and its not a track day car either, if it was a 10000 mile a year daily smoke then yes , maybe I would like a softer more comfy ride and IF there was a controller which could do that at reasonable cost I’d have one, but I see no reason to spend a £grand+ on a unit that really can only ever adjust the damping rates between fords normal and sport mode and can never go to the damper setting which would give a more compliant softer supple damping rate than normal mode, I won’t bother! If somehow against all logic and normal suspension science the dsc controller can infact improve the ride by switching to firmer damping in normal mode, and it could be felt and proven on a back to back blind test quite easily then, at the right price I would give one a go. But obviously it cannot because if it could Steve would not get the arse over it , he would say “yep, try a double blind test over a 5 mile route and you will definitely feel the benefit” and not his reply of ” you cannot do two test drives over the same route”

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

None on this forum can drive the same road twice and give the same journey on either OEM, KW, TRACTIVE, BILSTEIN, AST, OHLINS etc its virtually impossible.

What the DSC does is give you the best damper settings for the data it receives at that time from its factory sensors being – speed, braking, acceleration, steering etc etc.

So yes its totally predictable in every aspect, be it 50mph bend or the same bend at 80mph it sets the car up for the data given. This then gives the optimum settings. Rather than one size fits all as per the factory and virtually every other suspension kit does.

Damper Ranges

Red Stock – Green KW – Blue Tractive

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Damper Ranges

Red OEM – Green KW – Blue Tractive

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by white-rs2.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by white-rs2.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@BDA,   Your maths is way off, always has been, but you can believe bloggers who were never a reseller if you wish but I have the invoice and Vat returns to know what they actually cost. Basically I don’t even buy them for your guessed numbers.

okay noted some people can’t manage to use PayPal, even when explain.

price is now 1090 if using that method

still cheaper than others

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by 9designs.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The makers DSC are not a comfort manufacturer thats DFS lol.

They are a suspension tuning house. The comfort side of the controller is simply a by product of a much better map, which works much more effectively than the factory item ever could or currently does.

The Focus RS controller works and does the same job as other controllers such as the Porsche, Nissan GTR35, Audi S3 or Golf R to name a few.

Tables used and could include the following:
    • G Force
    • Brake Pressure
    • Steering Angle
    • Speed
    • Acceleration
    • Shock Calibration
    • Velocity

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No Steve, my figures are not way off, the fact is the DSC is bought by you and other resellers for LESS than £650 landed in the UK, add your markup to RRP and that gives a healthy margin in the £400+ region. The very fact another chap was happy to sell at £650 and only make £50 a unit as he was selling ten is proof of cost.  So you sold ‘nearly 50’ so simple maths…  48 x lets say £400/unit = £19200 profit.  Please don’t try to make out that you only earn a £100 for all your ‘trouble’ per unit.

I’m not quite sure what whiters2 s point is in posting a graph comparing  std Ford against Kw and Tractive dampers, but hes done us all a big favour, what he has failed to mention is, very importantly, that the OEM Ford damper graph line in RED would be EXACTLY the same as a DSC controlled STD FORD OEM damper graph line !! it has nowhere else physically to go and cannot go outside of the area between the redlines due to the physical limitations of the damper and valving and mode switch solenoid !

God, so now it is not physically possible to drive down a road or roads and compare two different dampers eh??   ha ha ha  I can drive down the A316 say for one mile at 40 mph in a Citroen 2cv and then do it in an RS and i can definitely tell which car would be a harder ride !! But maybe because the DSC does sweet FA then you cannot judge the difference  for that test eh?

So come on 9, lets see your purchase invoice for the DSC eh?  oh, but you would never do that because it would show that you have over £400 per unit in it !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

You believe the fake figures of a person DSC had never heard of or ever supplied. Ever heard of VAT, it’s included in the sale price.  Go back to school.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

What planet have I landed on?
    A suspension system that cleverly decides how much damping to give the driver …….is predictable?
    someone in business defrauding Paypal of it’s fee by selling an item as a gift shrugs it off?
    someone making money out of the forum slags off another member for daring to question a product ?
    There’s  a lot at stake methinks.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Exactly kr1s !! Also you have zero protection when sending money as friends/family, you only get cover if its for a purchase, innit !!

So 9 designs is VAT registered for the business of reselling DSC units eh? for an evening job that does not make the VAT threshold for turnover ! ( because I too was VAT registered for car dealing, and I paid vat on the margin, but if I sold stamps or bog rolls on the side I did not have to charge VAT on them because they were not under the used car vat scheme)  If you charge the unit out and show the VAT  ( do you? do you?)  then you obviously can CLAIM BACK any vat you have paid out on purchase of the units !! But as they are imported I guess there is just a bit of duty to pay on them? Either way, you are still earning £400 a unit.  So please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the VAT threshold is currently about £85000 , why would you be ( or volunteer to be) vat registered if your turnover of the units only amounts to , lets say 25 units a year @ £1000 = £25000 ?? well below vat registration surely?? If your day job is still designing seats at JLR I do believe that does not need you to be VAT registered either, and nor does flogging a few expensive coloured jacking blocks @ £20 each  necessitate VAT registration !

ALL I DO KNOW for sure 100% is that the DSC unit were on group buy at £650  each as long as the bloke could get ten buyers to make it worth his effort ( and still clearing a wee margin of £50 a unit for his trouble) that proves that they cost, landed in the UK , LESS THAN £600. Oh, and then a nasty bitter little grass informed DSC what he intended to do, and he was stopped in his tracks !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Innit?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by 71-bda.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

He made the numbers up, never was a group buy or any stock and you still wrong on the numbers. My limited company is vat registered which is for my day job as contract engineer, so I am able also to put the RS work through the business as well, all done through my accountant and above board.  Many people pay by bank transfer to my business account. Everything is receipted and invoiced.
    All funds stay in the business to fund future stock or product development.

So I’m really not bothered on your views and constant campaign to disrupt something you can’t grasp.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I just pi$$ myself reading the double teams posts on the DSC controller on the American FocusRS.org website, namely the “DSC Sport Active Suspension Controller AVAILABLE NOW! ” thread thats been going on for over two years, its like you two work in tandem, you make a comment and then the wingman comes in and blows smoke up…  the yanks must find it most amusing having two Brits on their site both defending to the hilt DSC !!

You really need to take financial advise or change your accountant, because if you are vat registered to be a freelance contract engineer ( very flash title btw)  why would you want to actually expose yourself to VAT  and subject flogging a few things to more charges/ make things more expensive/ more paperwork/book keeping?? just to claim a few receipts back??  trust me, if one could sell 84 cars a year at a £1000 each, you would not need to register for VAT,  and accounts are simple and you keep more profit, on the other hand you would be a mug to sell 86 cars a year at £1000 each because then you would need to be vat registered AND pay 20% of the profit margin to the government !!  Why would you put yourself up for that when unnecessary ??

Anyway Mr T, happy 52nd Birthday !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC Module Loan/Hire offer. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!