DSC Module Loan/Hire offer

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC Module Loan/Hire offer

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Vat is paid on margin, it’s on sales and passed to the government. In the past you collected 20% and paid 16, now it’s straight through. Corporations tax is on profit after expense and deductions.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Why are we bashing someone that is trying to subsidise a living?

I’ve read every article on this module and even spoken to DSC directly about it, and £1100 is what these things cost.

9 Designs has not tried to big this module up in any way, in fact when I made an enquiry, he was very honest with me stating that it will not soften the OEM normal ride.

I did not want it to soften the ride, I just wanted to reduce the ‘Pogo’ effect in normal every day driving conditions.  After reading every article and post I could find, online, I made the decision to purchase one.

There are a couple of other suppliers of this module in the UK and 9 Designs was the cheapest. Fact!

If the unit gets rid of this tiring bonging up and down, I will be happy. There is plenty of posts online giving evidence that it will.

It was expensive, yes. Nobody is arguing about that, but for me, it was this, or selling the car.  I don’t track my car and I do use it every day, so I’d like it not to get bounced about too much.

Please can we get back to what this forum is good for and helping other RS owners enjoy their cars?

Thank you.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by srea064.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@srea064: Spot-on! I share your opinion.

The DSC did to my car exactly what the manufacturer described. And the difference was like night and day. The service of 9designs in shipping the unit to Switzerland was impeccable. After 70’000 km as a daily driver the ride started to feel harsh on B-roads. So I installed the DSC. For the last 30’000 km the wiggle on sharp braking has disappeared. Roll, dive, squat is gone. The car behaves now on roads, where it would jump all over the place with the stock controller. The drive is always composed, even at ludicrous speed on the German Autobahn, the steering confident and the chattering of teeth is gone – literally and metaphorically.

In conclusion, my personal preferences were satisfied. I am happier than ever before with my RS – and this is what matters to me. There are realms were snake oil is king, like in audio high-end industry for instance, where a turntable might cost the price of an RS. Fine with me if you like the euphonic distortion of vinyl records. I prefer CDs. Each to his own. The DSC V1 is definitely not snake oil. It has a noticeable effect way beyond placebo and the price for this fabulous transformation is ridiculously cheap.

Keep on rocking guys! Drive safe 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@BDA Why are you such a little poisonous boy ??? I really don’t get you at all. You had a row with that import bride of yours ??????

As per usual you change an argument to suit your answer.

I understand one guy bought one for a Trackday as he was too tight to rent it and then claimed it made no difference but now claims it only made 30%

The Ford controller is either on or off in the red but the DSC modulates inbetween those areas.

Standard dampers with H&R/Eibach springs and a DSC controller makes one awesome combo for relatively cheapish money and a combination improvement you can actually feel in your butt.

Honestly ………

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

For all of this has missed what makes the DSC unique and worth the price alone.  That is the ability to have three unique maps aligned to the drive modes, that you can customise them to suit your taste or spring option, or in case of Track your preferred set up.

Let’s use Kr1s example, he seemed as did his passengers  like the effect on the road. “This Controller will certainly stop the pogoing which is caused by underdamping in the normal driving  mode with the standard box.” ..   But wasn’t so keen on the default track map.  The point of the DSC is its software driven suspension tuning. No stripping down dampers for different shim packs or crawling underneath to twiddle knobs.  Plug a laptop in and use the tuning software to tweak the map.

I already offer a couple options to suit people with uprated springs.  So back to Kr1s,  would be quite straight forward to revise the track map to always be full stiff to mimic the OEM track mode, if that suited the driving style and track being used. Then you have the improved normal and sport map to drive to the circuit, push a button then you have full stiff for a circuit.

What other system on the market has this ability with stock dampers to tailor the drive modes and suspension settings to your taste?  Do think porting this tech was a 5 minute job for DSC Sport? Who have too had to source low volume complex printed circuit boards.  This isn’t someone like LG bashing out a load of cheap electronics on mass.

Before it’s repeated the amount you achieve is limited by the stock dampers, not DSC’s fault, swap to the Tractive dampers and really feel the massive improvement.

By all means people can buy from where ever they like.  So far not seen anyone match what I offer in the box, support, maps, or price.  Some sellers I spoke to in the past weren’t interested in it because sales numbers were too low and the margins too small for them to bother, hence they don’t carry stock.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by 9designs.
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC Module Loan/Hire offer. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!