DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….

Home Forums Performance Handling DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@RS77 ,,,,  tip of the iceberg …. there is much going on behind the scenes.

If anyone would like one, they should contact me as dealer who is supported by DSC and has stock.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

Steve –  I had an M car, a 1M which I shouldn’t have sold as they’re worth a lot more now. But hey, you live and learn. That said, I enjoy driving my RS more. It’s more usable throughout the year, especially when it gets cold and damp out. In these sorts of conditions, my 1M would just light up the rear tyres, even in 3rd gear 🙁

The RS3 is of interest because it’ll still be quick, but also more comfortable. My wife isn’t keen on my RS to be honest and it is a little loud with the Mountune exhaust on (the neighbours have started to moan as I leave for work early in the morning), so being considerate I’ll have that removed and revert back to stock.

White-rs2 – Yes you’re right with regards to the costs. I would think I’d need to put a further £6k into the RS to get it to the power levels I’d be happy with. That would cover the forged engine work and the new replacement (Borg Warner) turbo. The RS3 would cost me a lot more to change. That said, it’s not all about speed. I really like the quality / fit and finish of the Audi and as a daily driver I think it’ll be more comfortable and refined.

Long term my plan would be to get another Caterham again for fun and have something like a Litchfield tuned RS3 as a daily. That wouldn’t be a bad little garage 🙂

Anyway, back on topic….the DSC controller is still really impressing me and is the one upgrade I will be hanging onto as long as possible. Obviously if someone wants it, I’ll sell it, but for the time being I’ll be holding onto it as much as possible. In fact my car is being filmed on Saturday by a YouTuber and I can’t wait to see what his reaction is like!

scottishsodapop
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Chris I’m intrested in dsc if you still have it

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Ordered mine today 🙂

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Crunchie

Good Choice 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

quadslo
    Participant

Slovenia

I was very impressed with results, totally different car in sport suspension.

I have one DSC for sale in classifieds, since I am selling the car.

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

@Scottishsodapop

Yes I still have it if you’re interested?

🙂

scottishsodapop
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I sure am Chris  if it stops the pogoing it’s well worth it

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

@scottishsodapop It certainly does that! In fact, my car was filmed by a YouTuber at the weekend and the review was meant to be about the M400 and other Mountune upgrades on the car, but he was genuinely staggered at the DSC controller….almost speechless at the difference!

I’m not sure if we can PM each other on here, but if you’re welcome to email me if you’re interested (chris.buer@me.com) and we can sort out the details.

Cheers,

Chris.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Chris, tell the Youtuber to mail me and I’ll sort a Module out for him….  😀

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Currently sold out from last week’s rush !!!!    (Mark and Chris’s doing 😉

I’m putting a stock order in very soon, anyone interested let me know asap so I order enough in.

Cheers

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

A status update, (there’s been a lot of crap posted recently elsewhere…..)

To outline what I offer so potential buyers can choose where to buy from.

With over 30 modules sold and nearly a year working on supplying and guiding owners I try to offer a unique service as the cost is not always the only factor in peoples buying choice.

The standard cost is £1100 for UK customers.
    Each module is tested on a Laptop
    Latest firmware is loaded.
    Choice of maps, normal or revised for firmer springs loaded
    Included is 2 printed methods of fitting instructions
    High quality printed software instruction book.
    2 spare trim clips in case any get damaged or lost in one fitting method.
    Each unit is serial numbered and logged .
    7 Day return offer (conditions apply)

Modules are held in stock  and normally ship next day after cleared payment.

The module can be reloaded with new maps and settings for the TracTive damper and spring package.  Which free’s the system from the limitations of the Ford dampers.

Returning customers can receive a loyalty offer if they purchase the TracTive dampers
    As can bundled package offers.
    Damper prices are by request.

As everyone’s needs and requirements are different it’s always best to email direct and discuss your  requirements, where possible I will try and meet them and tailor the quote accordingly.  “If you don’t ask you don’t get”  😉

Thanks
    Regards
    Steve

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Some may have a recent mailshot,    those who didn’t I’ve C&P  some interesting graphs and recent track test feedback.

Sorry don’t have spec on the car used, it says “controllers were swapped through out the day”  which does imply this time it was on the same car.

==========================================================================================

“I ran the unit with Harris in and out of the car at Summit Point last weekend @ the NASA Fall Finale. 11/11-11/12

The unit does several things immediately noticeable to the driver.

Braking; vast improvement in braking power and ability to trail brake DEEP into corners. The transitions from braking to acceleration are seem less and the weight transfer that used to be prevalent due to having to run with the shocks in soft are no longer there

Cornering; the pogo experienced during both braking and cornering is muted even with the shocks on. The G forces able to be obtained with the controller and Cup2s were noticeable in the butt even without the data (I got that too). The car became more and more like a go cart with every lap.

I had Harris in the car for some spirited laps in the car running 9.5/10ths and we pulled a 1:25:20 on Summit Point Main. This is smoking fast given Harris an I have a combined weight over 400lbs.

Confidence; confidence in your car is a key element to going fast. It took a day and a half to find the edge of traction at over 1.2Gs on turn 5 we went wide into a very controllable drift as I checked the track and saw no one behind we got right back to it.”

=========================================================================================

Any questions let me know, and I’ll try and get them answered by DSC

Pedro Cerqueira
    Participant

Portugal

Chrisbuer, sill have the DSC controller?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I got a reply back from DSC to my questions. Basically the Ford controller does NOT just switch the dampers from normal(soft) to sport (hard) it takes information from sensors on the car to adjust the damping in whatever mode it is switched to. I’m led to believe that the DSC controller takes data from other sensors in the car that Ford deem unnecesary as well as data from sensors that Ford do use. So basically the DSC controller is a kind of  a remap. The valve in the damper that does this rapid switching between settings is designed by Tennenco for Ford to operate in the same way as DSC operate it and should be thought of as a ” large fuel injector” which are cycled millions of times. So my mind is at ease over the premature solenoid wear idea.

Might  be tempted to try at £500-600, but not at the full price or even the special £895 deal as for me the ride and damping is just not a £1000 bad !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to DSC – The Unfair Advantage……….. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!