Exhaust flap modifation

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust flap modifation

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

vaultboy. All I did was undo the three little bolts, lift the unit off, open the flap by hand,refit the unit, then unplug the wire, fit the delete plug to the wire, fit the little plug to the unit where wire normally plugs in, loop the wiring up around itself to floor of boot, then its fine ti start engine. No warning lights. Not much noise either really. Sounds quieter on cold start now too !!! To me,its atotal waste of time

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Those talking about more noise during cold that the valve delete has not impacted are confusing exhaust valve control with cold start catalyst pre-heating.

For approx 60 seconds on cold start additional air is pumped into the exhaust ahead of the catalyst. This superheats the catalyst for emissions purposes.

The by-product of this process is more exhaust noise

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Scott another mystery solved on the RS. Cheers

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

I removed my delete after having it fitted for almost a year . A noticeable sound difference i would say. Cant wait to get it back on after service and pressure test next week 😉

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Deffo the first mod to do for anyone getting an RS! Loved mine when it was on and deffo gonna order another for my new one!

2018 RS Edition

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone tried to fit one of these to a 2018 RS? I had one on my 2016 but I’ve bought another for my 2018 Edition but the loom plug doesn’t fit it? It would t fit the loom end or the valve end. I rang partwerx and spoke to them and he thought they’d maybe changed the valve on the last of the RS’? Or have they sent the wrong one?? I’ve returned it anyway but SO want this mod to work as loved it last time

2018 RS Edition

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

2018 RS Edition

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

This is my valve in an 18 plate RS.  It sure if it differs from anyone else’s?

2018 RS Edition

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Looks like my one. I dont think they have changed the motor

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Mines a feb 17 build and fits the loom I later about a month later purchased the blanking plug to stop dirt ingress into the exposed connector on the valve motor but the same didn’t fit and was also from  partwerx ??

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Maybe they’ve just set the wrong one by mistake??

2018 RS Edition

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

When you look on part werx website they have a plug for £15.95 and one for £16.95 and both are the exhaust delete not the blanking plug for the valve. Has anyone ordered one recently as maybe the £16.95 one is different for some reason. Being a cheap skate I bought the £15.95 version. If someone can tell me which they bought recently (or the item on eBay) I’ll try another. Thanks

2018 RS Edition

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

I have ordered the £16.95 one,with free delivery yesterday.I will let you know

what it is like when it arrives.Mine is a Oct 2017 car and I told them that when I

ordered it ?.

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Billy. Let me know please and I’ll order the same one. Thanks pal

2018 RS Edition

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

Hi b1rdy – Mine is a 18 plate (not Edition as the blue was defo not for me) and has same motor as yours and the blanking cap and plug both fit.

I purchased the blanking delete kit about 4 months before I collected the car.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust flap modifation. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!