Fiesta Production to stop

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Fiesta Production to stop

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@9, Ford have brought forward the end of the Fiesta by about 2 years, goodness only knows why. The Fiesta was a good seller in UK and Europe. Then not to do an EV one baffling 😼

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh here we go.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/used-ford-fiestas-now-worth-more-than-new-ones/ar-AA13ubMt?cvid=6e53c34069fa4428eb4e8b4fa3398d96&ocid=winp2sv1plustaskbarmouseenter

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by 71-bda.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Bda,

My buddy just had the Kermit green ST delivered (ordered it online after a few beers and thought green would be fun) and we went and had a good ride out in it.

I absolutely loved it. So much fun with a power level you can actually use (not complaining about the RS here but good to rev the engine without being at license banning speed!).

I got out and seriously considered seeing what deals were on. You won’t be disappointed mate. As discussed above, the tech inside has moved on nicely but such a great car to drive. Reminded me much of my Mk7 but significantly better.

NB FPM375

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers for that Stu, I’m booked in for a drive tomorrow morning …

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

The wife has recently got a 2 yr old Fiesta ST Performance edition and it’s a delightful little car.   Not the solid feel of the RS but feels every bit as quick in everyday driving.   Gearchange is a bit too light for my liking and it’s easy to go to 5th instead of 3rd but that’s just something to get used to.  The 3cyl engine hasn’t the low down flexibility of the bigger 4cyl and feels unhappy if you let it go down to near 2krpm in the higher gears so it’s change down or be very gentle until the revs rise.  Once clear it’s a lively and rev happy little motor.

JohnD

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Cookie Monster and Kermit

NB FPM375

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

John, the bottom end is what I think will annoy me about the 3 pot, I’ve been spoilt with my little 1.4 diesel daily, that has the upchange light come on at about 1800rpm, and I normally beat the light while I’m floating round town hence 62mpg every gallon round town and up to 72mpg doing a 70 mph average motorway trip. The little diesel will quite happily without complaint cruise along with foot off the pedal at about 28mph in 5th at idle ! as long as there is no slight incline ! I don’t really want a daily that I have to keep stirring the box and changing down all the time to keep it moving, It will probably be alright, I will see tomorrow, the salesman will probably be surprised I’m more interested in how it drives slowly than how it is hooning !

Stu how do you think the green looks outside on the road? not too much? I don’t want to get sick of it after a month! Looks sweet and bright under the showroom lights though ! Not seen one on the road to judge yet.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Honestly, it wouldn’t be my choice but it is different. If you like it mate, go for it. It is a little like the RS. You see a NB and you know it’s an RS immediately, the ST in green is an immediate give away. I like the red but that’s cus I had the red mk 7 beforehand.

NB FPM375

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

So, I cannot put an order in as Ford are not accepting new orders ! and…. from last week (26th oct) to now the price has gone up nearly £700 as well !

thats a lot of dough for a little Fiesta !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, what a pity you can not order a new Fiesta. Presumably you can only have whatever the dealership has preordered or except a cancellation order.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Dealers seem to think that Ford will start taking orders after Christmas and Fiesta stops at end of 2023 and not June, we will see!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Did you take a test drive ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes Bob, nice little driver, nippy rather than what I would call fast, quite firm suspension but car feels solid, steers nice etc , will do as a daily.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, 👍

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

A little extra pep from Mountune maybe?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fiesta Production to stop. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!