FPM375 .. insurance

Home Forums Performance General FPM375 .. insurance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi,

Thinking about ordering the kit for the car. What are you all paying for insurance and who with for this . I am 200 a year right now with Admiral with the car standard. 45yrs old , 9 years protected NCD , 3 points SP30.

Thanks

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

£200 a year! My quotes £495 with current insurer, 62 yr old, 10 yes no claims. £511 with Ford insure. Mounting upgrade allowed with no additional premium.

prodrive305
    Participant

United Kingdom

Wow that’s expensive , I am in the NE of Scotland so must be a lot cheaper to insure here.

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Wow! £500 is steep! I’m 44 and mines £230 and will be getting the fpm upgrade soon.

Shouldn’t add much if anything?

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

I’m paying £800 not even told them about 375 kit yet ….

Full no claims

Cars in a garage

Ghost and tracker fitted

I’m an old git as well … 50

Must be the crap area I live in  lol

A few bits and pieces added

richy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I called my insurance company esure today to add the FPM375 kit, guy put me on hold until he researched the kit as it was not on there system.

Came back and told me they won’t insure the car with this kit fitted due to the new “dump valve” being installed.

After 45mins of trying explain what was actually being installed, I gave up and hung up.

Anyone else experienced this issue with esure?

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Richy. Esure said that they will allow a 10% power increase with no extra premium. Wanted an extra  £96 for the Mountune as it involves changing the air filter. It is on the database as she told me it was.

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Mine is £300 a year with the FPM375 kit, there was no increase in premium and it was showing on there system

Insure with Hastings, I am 42 car has tracker and Ghost, I do however live in West Wales which may help

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Ensure charged £3.67 when fmp375 added to provide cover from December to end March.

only advantage of getting older…… Cheaper insurance??

May the Ford be with you

bibo
    Participant

UK - England

I pick my RS up in the new year, I’ve been quoted £900, 4 years NCD and in my honest opinion that’s really good seeing as i turned 24 in august.

Like the OP asked, has anyone had a running with Admiral about the FPM375 upgrade? I’m almost exclusive to Admiral as other insurers hit me with +£200-300 premium.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

AVIVA  only asked around an extra 25 quid admin charge for calling them, then didn’t charge it as I wasn’t able to update on line as I had tried.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

56 yr old

fully no claims, clean licence

insured with ensure £340 per year.

FMP added after 2 months, extra £2.76 for October to March. Didn’t even charge an admin fee as mentioned tried to get car with Fmp from start

stay safe, enjoy the holiday period

May the Ford be with you

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Post code lottery

iam with privilege 375 added earlier this year

just had renewal quote gone up by £200

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

LV base it on what parts of the vehicle have been modified. Steering; Brakes; Mapping; Gearbox; exhaust. No extra cost from M380 to M400 power upgrade.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

llez61
    Participant

UK - England

i think insurance costs are so different because its basically down to post codes. had a copper knock the door last night and gave me a signal protector wallet for my keys thanks Mr policeman 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to FPM375 .. insurance. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!