FPM375 .. insurance

This topic contains 34 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Mdc Mdc 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    rampant
    rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Car insurance is fickle with postcodes.

I was with Pace Ward brokers on a modified car policy (Zenith) for my modified Evo IX when I swapped to the RS, so just continued with them and didn’t pay any extra at the time.  I have induction kit and remap listed as modifications (even though I haven’t got the FPM375 fitted yet), and this year my renewal at the beginning of March was just over £500.  Excess is high on that policy at £550.

I shopped around and standard unmodified RS insurance could be gotten at £320 with a £100 excess, but woe-betide anyone who fits the FPM375, it jumps to over £500 with a siginificant rise in Excess.

Other details are age 47 no points, no claims, protected 20 year NCD, 9,000 annual miles, locked garage overnight, secure car park at work (under live armed guard) on a Lincolnshire postcode, access to another *much* more powerful car.  So nothing to increase the premium except the postcode part and maybe my occupation plays a role too????  Mrs also on policy: no points or claims, etc. – which should serve to reduce the premium as well…

And the other car is cheaper, despite being twice the value and 480bhp exotica!  It is, however, “unmodified”…

Nothing really makes sense in the world of insurance under-writing, they’re just out to make money, after all, and the type of cars we drive are not the loss-leaders, so they have to make up for the other loss-leaders by adjusting the scales elsewhere.  Which to me is subversive and plain unethical, but unethical is what business thrives on – as long as it is “legal”.

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

GM
    GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

37 clean licence, because of a few vans insured i Insured mine with Dimond in my wife’s name £411. But theres no crime in Merthyr Tydfil at all, so thats why its so cheap?

hitch6742
    hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

40 – Full clean license from 17, no claims and still pay £850…that’s with the recommended AdrianFlux, in Kent!

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

danf1234
    danf1234
    Participant

UK - England

£350;for me but went up with the 375 to another £50

First Ford in 20 years and loving every minute of it!

Mdc
    Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

52 me and wife full comp legal plus car if needed and protected 9yrs no claims £415…when I told them about the mountune tune still £415 I double checked with them went through everything LV insurance

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login or register below to contribute to FPM375 .. insurance. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!