FPM375 .. insurance

Home Forums Performance General FPM375 .. insurance

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Morning Marky,

Maybe a bit late to the party but just renewed with Admiral Multicar. They never seem to get a mention. Admiral group (includes Elephant) always cheap for young drivers. Seem to be old-fart-friendly too. Multicar policy might be good for you and your Dad and rest of family. Cars don’t need to be at same address. Separate policy holders. Named drivers earn NCD. More cars = bigger discounts. RS with FPM375, Milltek and quite a few other mods was £250 with my wife, 27 year old son, 28 year old daughter-in-law. Mods increased price £2! Would be well under £200 just me. i30 with 24 year old and 3 points £280, wife’s Qashqai £155, my BMW convertible only 3 years NCD £249. Just added son’s new Golf R Euro6 300 PS £578, +me £11! All business use, 5-10,000 miles, protected no claims, legal protection, personal injury, courtesy car. Feeling epic!

matt972
    Participant

UK - England

I was getting big quotes back for fpm375 with my insurance when I added it on as a modification, but inadvertently found a much better and cheaper way. I went on go-compare and searched for my car manually rather than putting in my reg, and found the fpm375 was an option on a drop down menu with the standard rs, edition and heritage, and the majority of the quotes that came back were no higher than when I got quotes for my standard rs. Hope this helps

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Right my FPM375 is scheduled to be fitted tomorrow so declared this and the Milltek to the insurance company a week last Monday. my insurance is up for renewal on the 26th November. So renewal prior to upgrades £260 with exhaust and FPM375 £272, but with the message they will not cover any further engine upgrades. So £12 seems reasonable to me. The policy has insured loss protection, No claims protected, courtesy car £250 excess windscreen cover.

Coastliner

matt972
    Participant

UK - England

Coastliner………that’s a good quote, who is that with? I have just ordered FPM375 online and hope to arrange fitting next month

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

It’s Royal Sun Alliance through Police Mutual, so you need to be a serving cop or a retired one. Was £232 last year with same company Best comparison site was £306 with upgrades declared.

Coastliner

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

@matt972, when you did your insurance manually did it come up as mountune MP375, also the next question asks you if the car has been modified, did you say no to this since it’s already came up in your manual search as mountune MP375?

Cheers

Joe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

matt972
    Participant

UK - England

Smokin Joe, I selected MP375 and I would say no to has the car been modified as no other mods other than the one I selected. My insurance is due next month, I haven’t added the FPM375 yet as not using car as only month until new insurance

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

@matt972, cheers for that…………..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to FPM375 .. insurance. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!