LOW BOOST ISSUE!!

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU LOW BOOST ISSUE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

That was the fuse that had blown due to a poor contact in the holder!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Fuse feeds this Recirc/Bypass Solenoid Valve and also the Wastegate Solenoid Valve!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

A pic of another corroded fuse holder!!

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

All cleaned up and fuses refitted.
    Vaseline around loom seal.

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Vaseline around lid at front. I’ve also put some spare fuses in the holders there. Just in case!! Lol!!

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Top result @brembo, great you got it sorted, also thanks for the heads up ?

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Apologies for the quality of the wiring diagram pics but had to downsize them for this site. If anybody wants them in a higher quality I can send them via What’s App. ?.

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

A top result indeed mate!! I had visions of me and my mate being there all bloody day hunting for the fault!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Your explanation/diagnostics and images certainly explain the issue and even I can follow it so a big thank you. Will check mine out and smear the Vaseline on the appropriate if not all the fuse blades. Its got to be down to your car sitting for long periods in salty atmosphere.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Cheers mate!! Definitely worth a look and even if all is well there’s no harm adding some Vaseline to protect from the elements!!

Also worth a check for anyone out there that likes to pressure wash under the bonnet?!

Cheers, Marc.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Tip I was once given was to put one of those small silica gel bags you get with training shoes in the fuse box, to soak up any remaining damp additional to Vaseline on the sealing faces, worked well on an Astra I had that often had moisture in the fuse box in spring.

Enjoy the onshore time.

May the Ford be with you

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Well done @brembo good fix. Pleased it’s all back to normal and your smiling again. ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo good result mate! ? will be checking mine also ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@red-leader

Oh yes, smiling from ear to ear today!! More than I can say for the last 2 days!! Lol!! ?.

@yorkirs

Cheers mate, I intend to!! ??.

@gm

A great result indeed mate!! Who’d have thought it…. driving up the road with only 7 psi of Boost and because of a 10 Amp fuse!! Mental eh!! I’m chuffed though, could’ve been a lot worse or expensive!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Just checked mine, no sign of moisture and fuse box like the day it left the factory, must get some spare fuses mine doesn’t have any at the moment.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to LOW BOOST ISSUE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!