LOW BOOST ISSUE!!

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU LOW BOOST ISSUE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Marc, great job, but what we all really want to know is….. WTF are you doing actually owning vaseline !!! 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

That was the question I asked the Misses, do we have any Vaseline and she said we don’t have any.

Coastliner

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got half a tub left, and that’s without touching the fuse casing????????????????

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, you should have asked her where its all bloody gone then !! and Alloy, half a tub left is worth respect, that is unless you have industrial size 25 kilo tub??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Could only get 10kgs – BDA

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Looool..ooh nice, I think brembo may want the link for that !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

Haha…. ??. Every good Mechanic should have tub of Vaseline mate!! That being said, my mate didn’t have any so he nipped to the chemist to get some while I cleaned up the fuse holders!! Lol!! ??.

@alloy

It has many purposes the old Vaseline, what you do with yours is your business mate, haha.. ??. What I will say is…… when you need Vaseline there really is no other substitute so your better to always have some!! Just out of interest mate, how much is that 10Kg tub?? Lol!! ??.

@gm

After you’ve got rid off all your rusty bits perhaps a coating of Vaseline might be just what’s required mate?? Lol!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo once the rust is done I’m going drive it into a 20T bucket of vas…! ?? Contact cleaner, cable tie’s, insulation tape and Vaseline has got me though the last 20 years of engineering! and saying “its mechanical” a few times….! ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

PMSFL…!!! ??????.

F**KEN SPARKIES mate!!!! The thorn in my side pal!! You’re a HOORA BUNCH!! Lol!!

Everything takes SOOOOOO F****KEN LONG……………/ when the Sparkie gets involved mate!! I could’ve taken 20 bolts out in the time it takes him to change his F**KEN GLASSES!! Lol… Then he pulls a piece of paper out his pocket that looks like a F**KEN TREASURE MAP from the 1600’s??
    WTF…!!! Haha..!!

No wonder you’re MODS are piling up in your garage mate??!! ????. Typical Sparkie…….. Can’t get F**K ALL DONE!! Haha..!! ??.

If you need a hand mate….. I’ll take the wife on a LUXURIOUS HOLIDAY to Wales, of all places…. haha!! And fit your bits for you!! ?. And while SHE does that we can go drink some spring water mate?? ????.

F**KEN ELECTRICIANS..!! ????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

While we’re on the trades debate…..

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Just an observation as the Vaseline option doesn’t look the neatest way to seal the fuse box lid, what about some thin sponge gasket with a sticky side, but I have noticed its a snug fit so when closed it could be tricky to open it again.

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@jamesy78 ??

@brembo
    in my difference i did do 3 years mechanical first…. So i can use above a 13mm spanner ?

That bit of paper mate is not a map or even a drawing… its the official guide to getting out of work, and how to blame anything other than it being electrical!

They made me change to electrical, when i was seen counting without my fingers and reading on my own! ??

Theres nothing more rewarding than warming something up and hitting the fu*k out of it with a sledge!

Your welcome anytime mate, I’ll make the garage up for you to make the trip even cheaper! Your missis can then teach mine about buying xmas presents you actually want to keep! (but she is getting better!) ?

??

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

@71-bda

Guess what I got today?

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Checked my F box today, early signs of damp and dust!

The lid feels loose if you rattle it?, possibly another gasket ford fuked on? Think it should have some sort of seal? Going to make one from an O ring kit and glue in place.. then VAS up!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo not good mate! ☹️ Check the vac reference from the top of the re-circ valve… Since fitting the tubrosmart dual on mine i get the flutter… Might be something silly like the small vac pipe off / kinked, causing reference issues??

Screen shots below from the turbosmart instructions for vac line areas

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to LOW BOOST ISSUE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!