My NB RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My NB RS

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 544 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Is there a limit to the number of times you can clean and coat? ?

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

I’m trying to hold back on polishing mine as I have another 11 weeks off!

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah, cleaned 2 cars and bored now. That said, if I send the Mrs out for 10 mins, I can guarantee it’ll come back like she’s been to a rainforest in Borneo.

NB FPM375

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Evening pal!! So happy to FINALLY see all those parts getting fitted to the RS mate!!

And……. she’s looking F**KEN MINT pal!! I wish I had the car cleaning knowledge that some of you lads have??!! ??. I’ve never been a big cleaning guy.. I prefer to work on them and drive them!! Yeah, I can keep her clean and looking good but NOT to the levels that some of you guys take it!!

I feel my baby is needing some serious TLC shortly so that she’s looking her best come summer time…… I just find it hard coz she’s left for 3 weeks minimum in Aberdeen and when I pick her up the brakes are GRINDING LIKE F**K and she’s just a mess!! I still LOVE her tae bits though!! Not sure which smile is the biggest……. the smile when I get back inside her or the smile when I get back inside the wife?? Haha… ????????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo ??… Evening mate.. Its all youtube knowledge…. It ruined me having a black XR2i as a first car, flat out cleaning it all the time.. Always done it normally in works time, when i was continental shifts ?

All the back end being done the next few days, if the sun’s out… and a full DIY service on the drive… Oil filter, fuel filter, Transfer box oil, gearbox oil, new brake lines & brake fluid… Just busting to be out in it!. Smashed passed the plod in a transit end of last week getting some bread & milk, bet they were well happy with the straight pipe pops & bangs…????

This lock down situation is mental tho! I’ve even rainX’d the entire house and all the glass in the garden! The wife cannot believe its taken a world wide pandemic to get me to finish my garden lights… 11 years is not that long for a sparky?? ?

Hope all is well up with you ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@paulie I’m going though it in mental detail… we sill have a few factories working, but I’m only doing urgent stuff at mo…

@stu-c
    think even the van its going to have a full going over! Went right round the house and garden glass with Gtechniq G6 & rainX… My wife thinks I’ve gone even more nut’s ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Shite times, but at least I’m spending lots of time on the car!

Finished front end seal and protect.. after wire brushing and cleaning…..

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Oil change, and give the K&N oil filter a go… Same cost as normal ford

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Loving the mat black but each time i open the bonnet i have to get the dust off ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, hard work is paying off, thanks for the updates.

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@bobcat ? take a look at this! I cannot believe this much rust in 3 years and 14k

All tackled for now but, I’m ordering all new and going to strip and powder coat the new…. The existing is beyond salvage ☹️

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

thats a lot of rust! coming up nice though

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, my goodness that doesn’t look very good, a lot of rust in such a short space of time.

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@grunty-motor @bobcat it was a bit of a surprise when removing the rear discs ☹️

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My NB RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!