New plates and holders

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling New plates and holders

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@OverRev,

Those pro bolts, are they just a direct replacement for the OE ones, hate the fact that they need replaced every service so stainless be nice.

just don’t want to have to remove interior trim if I need to do anything at rear of fittings.

thanks

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I’ve never had any complaints 

donskie123
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just ordered these holders and new plates for my rs. Do you just screw holders on or sticky pads??

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I’ve screwed he holders to car & just put a Velcro pad each end , as the plates and holder have no contour like the car , I’ve had mine on 3 years & no complaints yet, still flush against the car . 👍👍

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Since this thread been revived, here’s mine:

donskie123
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi im struggling to get rear plate pushed further up in holder so I can see bottom holes to clip on ford performance strip any ideas? I have my rear one bolted on m6 bolts standard head don’t know if this is problem or not

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@dons, have you unclipped the holder completely or only opened it one end to slid it in?

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Donskie123 get us a few pics up revealing the problem , and maybe someone could help .👍👍🤞

donskie123
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Can’t get plate pushed up to reveal holes in bottom to clip on ford performance strip

donskie123
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Trying to slide plate up from bottom. Doesn’t look like they come apart completely bud

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Try pulling plate holder open as far as it will open , slid the number plate up into the slot at top & holder & ought to close , only thing I can think is because the plates are a 3D gel design, they have used a thicker acrylic number plate hence the reason it will not close or line up . Keep us informed sure someone will come up will solution. 👍👍🙏🏻

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Pauly Paul, you’ve said what I was going to say 😹👍

Honorary Member

donskie123
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Defo thicker plates but the front plate slide up no probs just the rear no idea why lol

donskie123
    Participant

UK - Scotland

My plate holders don’t open,it’s only the bottom strip that comes off they were 15 off ebay. A did notice there is different ones that open at top that come with locking key is that the ones people have with thicker plates

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Yip 😢

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New plates and holders. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!