Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Yes! Just been out and did two 5th gear 3 psi pulls and first one took OAR from -0.80 to -0.94 and second got it bang on -1.00 🙂 thanks for advice chaps! At least I know my car is adjusted to my 99 Ron fuel now (Shell Vpower, only thing I put in it)

thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by richard31337.

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just loaded the MSD420 map going from Mountune M400r

I’ve just re-set gauge layout to include octane adjustment ratio Lrn (is this the correct one?) and it’s displaying – 0.90  Would the effect of this be to peg the boost?   Although I haven’t had the chance to give high throttle pulls yet, I have used 66% throttle in 5th and only saw 98Kpa (0.98bar) boost and the acceleration was below what I was used to with the Mountune map.  I would have expected to see maybe around 1.4/5 bar with that.

Obviously, I need to do the OAR ‘force’ exercise but need assurance that the lack of performance is down to this!

JohnD

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Give it time for the ecu to learn  and once you have got the oar value to -1.0 take some logs and send them to msd , mines finished bar a final check by stewart, its really flying now it feels quick, specially higher up rev range and in higher gears

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Have spoken to Stewart and the main problem is me being used to the Mountune M4ooR throttle mapping where boost is built at relatively low throttle openings giving that lively feel which fools you into thinking there’s more to come when actually, most of its all over!  With the MSD, throttle mapping is biased to boost at higher openings.   Going to have to change driving style and see which of the two I prefer!

JohnD

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

I can confirm that even running in the 380 map slot with MSD420 (I have multi maps option) the car definitely “feels” more powerful and responsive than the m400r map which I have had for a few years. I’m already on my first revised tune now from Stewart, and have one more included in the price. He knows his stuff, and is extremely helpful!

Just fitted Cobb RMM (something I’ve been meaning to do anyway) as from my logs Stewart could see overrun knock events upon gear changes (I can see them too on the graphs I produce from the same logs) so hopefully this will resolve that issue. I can definitely tell the difference with the RMM upgrade already without the logs. Just feels different. Had read on this forum it may, but didn’t truly believe it until now!

Enjoy your MSD tuning!

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Just had a spin in mine car feels proper quick now, (msd420) 3rd and 4th gear is where it all happens !!

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Grrr……………………MSD forgot to include the ‘cold start – exhaust valve shut’ option on my 420 map so they mailed me the map that included that feature.  I did the re-flash and of course, the OAR has now gone back to -0.80!   Annoyingly, I don’t have a lot of opportunity to go out specifically for re-setting the OAR so it could be a while before I get to do any data-logging.

JohnD

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

I did have a slight issue with the hard pipe touching the sump possibly causing ghost knock , but that’s been rectified

These mishi hard pipes are rubbish, mine keeps wrecking the rubber cotton reel bolts and vobrating\knocking against the sump.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Mines sitting at 0.80 at the minute,I’ll have to fine a hill & see if I can get it to 1.0

Andy.

Red Edition.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

you can do it on a flat bit or road its just easier on a hill to maintain the required boost level

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

Cannot get mine to move from 0.80,I even tried it on a hill in 5th gear & went upto 130 but still no joy.

Andy.

Red Edition.

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Found a gentle uphill stretch and kept the boost needle just above zero in 5th and up it went to -1.0

Have since done a couple of 3rd gear pulls to datalog and sent them off to MSD   Interesting to see timing being pulled slightly on cyl. 3  but according to Stewart, all is ok.  He sent a revised map which I’ve loaded but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.  Annoyingly, I’ve got to get that damn OAR back to -1 again before any more datalogging!

Since using the MSD map I’ve noticed the exhaust sounds louder?  Anyone else think this?

JohnD

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@JohnD Thanks,,I got this from Stuart at msd yesterday,,he has been very helpful.

Find a long road with, ideally, a slight incline.

·         Accelerate up it gently with part throttle and low boost, maybe 2 or 3 psi.

·         Repeat if necessary after some more normal driving

Andy.

Red Edition.

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

Each map revision will put OAR back to -0.80 As above, slight incline and boost at 2 to 3 psi and it will be back to -1.0 in no time, then the fun of data logging begins! Have fun..

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@chris-rs380 I got it to -1.0 this morning,,,Let the logging begin.

Andy.

Red Edition.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Tyrefitter.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!