Putting a RS back on the road

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Putting a RS back on the road

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Thanks bobcat! I’ll probably give them a call sometime later.

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

It seems that Ford is sick of us complaining so they’ve shipped us a new door with a different company. This one should be in a wood crate and should therefore be indestructible. My fingers are crossed but I’m not getting my hopes up as this is door #5.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @josh, soul destroying hope door #5 is perfect ?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Thanks @bobcat!

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Door #5 is good! We’ve been waiting for a good door for over a month now! I put it on and the body lines match perfectly so we’re good to go there. I test fit the fender and its sitting outside of the door which is odd, but I think it’ll be able to be moved to match the doors. I also decided to get a set of ESR SR08 wheels. My dad got the lugnuts and I’m not sure how I feel about them yet, I have a set of chrome ones as well if I decide I don’t like the blue. I think the rims look good, I just need a set of tires now.

All that’s left is to do a little bit of body work and then it’s off to paint!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, massive improvement, looking good so far not sure about the lugnuts ? Thanks for the update, keep them coming please ?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Will do! I’ll have to see what they lugnuts look like once we get a tire on the wheel.

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

I decided to go with Continental extreme contacts and put them on today! I think the car needs to set about an inch lower so I might go with mountune or eibach lowering springs, I haven’t decided yet. Currently we’re sanding the entire left side of the car and both bumper covers. There’s a small amount of body filling and then it’s off to paint!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, I think you’re right, it does look as if it sits to high. Hope all goes well when it goes into paint?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Thanks bobcat!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, looks like you went for the silver lugnuts?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

So she’s all back together! We have to change the title and have her inspected before she’s road legal but boy is it exciting! I actually kinda like the blue lug nuts now, they’ve grown on me. We’re going to wet sand and buff everything that was painted and then I might have a ceramic coat done.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Josh29155.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, wow congratulations on what looks like a fabulous rebuild, all credit to you ? You can at last enjoy the beast. Thanks for sharing your story. Wheels look good and yes blue lugnuts may well catch on ?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Thanks!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@josh29155

Good effort mate!! Well done indeed!! ?. I’m curious about where you’ve carried out the work. In the photos, are they garage spaces you can rent or pay to use??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Putting a RS back on the road. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!