RDU Oil Change

Home Forums Performance Transmission RDU Oil Change

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

David Smart
    Participant

UK - England

@flying-fish thank you very much! I will get in touch with him shortly. I have heard some very good things about what he does already so I may have a lot more work for him if he would like it!
    Thanks, David.

New to the RS scene and keen!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by David Smart. Reason: Strange script errors appearing

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

You are all wrong,,the spark plug goes in the sump.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Andy.

Red Edition.

flying-fish
    Participant

UK - England

@David Smart

They do a good job, and know their stuff, it’s as simple as that ! ( and as it should be πŸ™‚

Clive

” I didn’t get where I am today by being somewhere else ! β€œ

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tyrefitter πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

@white-rs2
    How did you know?? 😘 Only so much negativity one can take, Not my style keyboard bashing…. banter and crack yeah but thats it!

@David
    Smart good guys, ill second that πŸ‘ WMI install on mine was superb, real good quality and neat as… when comparing πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Tyrefitter

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Just an epilogue. Ford confirmed the exact oils needed to my mechanic when he called them. First time they had no idea so it depends upon who you get on the phone I guess… all done! PTU and RDU. Will likely get him to change gear box oil at next service. He also replaced turbo oil feed pipe as it was slightly leaking when he did my 6 month oil change a week ago. Out of warranty by 6 months and I know Ford checked it at my 3 year service. Ah well. Main thing is it’s been done.

thanks for all the help and advice and I’ll get him to fit the spark plug in the sump at next service also πŸ™‚

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@richard31337 The spark plug in the sump gets the oil warm quicker.I’m trying to find a way to put one in the RDU & gearbox so all oils warm up the sameπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Andy.

Red Edition.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tyrefitter πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Β  do i use standard plugs or one step colder?

Price back from ford today for fluids……

SAE 75W-85 Β 1L Β£26.80

RDU additive 60ml Β£108.71

SAE 75W-140 1L Β£35.39

SAE80W-90 1L Β£28.71

All + VAT

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@GM,,to be honest I’m going to try a glow plug next service as they give constant heat instead of a spark.

Andy.

Red Edition.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

GM, ford certainly know how to charge that works out Β£205 more than the open market!!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@1234enough thats for OE stuff always a premium, like the OE coolant 😬

@Tyrefitter
    was thinking of knocking one of the below up? Should be quicker than the heated screen also πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Ok so… I think we need to talk about this.

I had my RDU and PTU oils done by my friendly mechanic a short while back. However based upon some of the posts here with mentions of additive I got him to phone Ford again. It took several calls until he got someone who managed to locate what was needed but end result was this stuff. It cost Β£145 (yes, really) and came from the factory in Germany. It’s what Ford put in the RDU during manufacture along with the oil. It took over a month to arrive since first one dispatched was lost (probably sold on eBay…)

I had this put in today by my guy, after he carefully removed some oil and then topped up with same oil after additive.

I have Ford part number also for those who may want it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by richard31337.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Yeah i was priced something like Β£108 for the XL 19… But both XL 19 And XL 3 available from the states for allot less…. I’ve ordered allot from the states for my build, even dodging import on allot of it. With speed performance really helping out and proving a class company to deal with… Even got my Xtream DI Evo fuel pump with no import.

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @GM will pass this onto my mechanic in case it helps him with other customers in future.

Im just glad mine now has the additive in. Was a long wait knowing it was missing!

cheers

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

With the above prices I’ll stick with Redline for the RDU & castrol for PTU &gearbox, can get all 3 for Β£70 ish

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RDU Oil Change. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!