Sciatica 😫😫

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Sciatica 😫😫

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • Author

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Hey guys, the morning after I retired woke up in agony getting out of bed. Been laid up 4 weeks now, had so much planned. On meds and osteopath sessions. Can’t even depress the clutch pedal on the RS never mind drive it. Bloody nightmare. Must be some sort of punishment 🙁

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Get better soon Elliot 👍

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Have you had it before?. Sounds nasty.

Hope your back on your feet and in the RS soon.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

You need Jen👍

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Had a discectomy 30 years ago. Couldn’t make this up. The pain is intolerable.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@DaveRS3 , I can’t help to be relaxed and aroused at the same time while watching that video. 😜😁🤣

@elliot
    , I don’t know why with some people. The day they retire, their body starts falling apart!

You need to get yourself out of retirement.

I hope you have a speedy recovery sir.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot, hope you feel better soon, not a very pleasant condition to be in 😬

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I feel for you Elliot, I have had bad bouts for last 30 years due to the heavy leg days and squats !  Lying in bed on back with knees up was the only position that eased it slightly. Back then I had the chiropractor do the ‘death twirl’ or whatever it was. When I get signs of it now I hang from a beam and get someone to pull down on my legs/ankles to try and stretch my spine and its joints open to release the trapped nerve. Is your bed a bit soft/sagging under your bum area and giving no support?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hope you get well soon Elliot and are sitting in the RS smiling again.  😊😊

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I feel your pain. I’ve had sciatica since I was 15.

Driving the RS certainly doesn’t help.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot –  Wishing you a speedy recovery Elliot.🤞

Pauly Paul
    Participant

After agree with everyone Elliot , after me slipped disc in 2012 I suffered with the pain for 13 weeks , ain’t no pain worse & no painkillers will touch it , unless you start with the morphine and I didn’t wanna go down that path , hope your suffering gets better take care of yourself. 👍👍👍🙏🏻

RST350
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hope you feel better soon Elliot , got to agree with Pauly Paul though a slipped disc is bloody painful. Could it be we are just all getting old?

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys. Today has been horrendous, I live alone and menial tasks are impossible. So close to phone for help this morning.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Keep thinking positive Elliot and hopefully you will get through it, we need to keep Team Yorkshire out and about around Gods County.

Congratulations on retiring, I’m 4 years into retirement and seem busier now than ever, great to be able to say, Yes, No or maybe next week.

A good pain relief if 3 pints of Old Perculiar followed by 3 pints Blacksheep bitters, doesn’t cure the problem but the headache the morning after takes your mind of Sciatica.

Get well soon.

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sciatica 😫😫. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!