So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

hi 1234enough that”s good mk1 xr2 great little car  worth a few quid now. see on another newbie post you got your car from busseys norwich same place as myself glad you love the new rs i love it too

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

50th Birthday last year and RS was present to myself, although did not get it till I was almost 51!

5 months in and loving every minute driving it. Always had a love of fast Fords although this is my first RS having previously owned a few XRs and a ST.

Talking XR2 mk1, this was my very first car (aged 24) after years on motorbikes, absolutely loved it too….to the extent I could not bring myself to get rid of it! Currently sat covered on the drive awaiting time/money for a proper resto!

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Looking back at the sporty Mk1 XR2 which i also loved and thought of as the best thing on the road, makes me laugh to think they only had around 84BHP. Had mine tuned-big valve head-kent cam ect / spax springs and check this out adjustable dampers, nothing new then with this modern RS, had to get screwdriver out mind you it was in the 80’s.

With only 84 horses to start with it was such a laugh and those wide 185’s on massive 13″ pepper pot wheels impressed ya mates.

Kept mine for years  on mothers drive, bit dented then sold it, oh to have it now.

RSBBOB
    Participant

UK - England

I was a young 65 on Sunday…went to Snetterton for my Birthday….as I’ve got older I get faster cars…bit of a ford man…had a zephyr, cortina, Granada, fiesta sports, Xr2, XR2i…

Still got(used as second car) a Focus turbo 182 BHP and now got what I have always wanted the New RS (17)

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

1. Happy Birthday Robert great way to celebrate your birthday at snetterton I was there too great day out some good post’s of the day on YouTube ? ?

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

59 here bit of an old git, but its nice to have a modern  RS, also have a BMW E92 M3 which is also a great car. Had some good Fords through the years should have kept some of them seeing what they are worth now.

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Lol no 59 ure kool

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

It’s good to see so many of us old b******* on here.  At 73 I’m as keen on performance cars as I was in my late teens!  That would have been my Cortina GT in 1964

What age does the RS make me feel?         When I worry if the engine will poo itself anytime soon ——–77

When I hear that Ford will be sorting it ————–74

When I drive it with the wife on board ————-50

When I drive it alone —————30

It’s not the quickest car I’ve had – my last Impreza with 425bhp was that, but it makes up for it in other ways.

JohnD

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one johnD i like the run down how the RS makes you feel its awesome warts and all

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi JohnD, what a great posting, it made me smile, just enjoy the RS and all the best from another old b*****. ?

tonythebubble
    Participant

UK - England

47 and picked mine up on Monday. Life does have a bit of a laugh with you – when you’re young you can’t afford a fast car and when you finally can your reflexes aren’t quite what they used to be.

Mind you, back in the day even Ferraris etc were struggling to give the performance this RS offers.

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

tonythebubb le Yes i know what you mean that”s why warts and all the rs brings us longer in the tooth back into our youth with a big grin on our faces hope you are enjoying your RSing experience too

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

A pup at 52 always had fast cars but the RS is the most  interesting and theres the added excitement of who’s engine is the oldest without going pop,

I sense a new topic in coming along 🙂

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

zondas I think you may be right a lot  has been spoken about engine age

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Bj here is an old post of all the older? members and how the rs makes you feel!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to So whos the oldest club member how old does the RS make you feel?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!