Winter Comes Early

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter Comes Early

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Mike, I see it is safe to say that you’re not disinclined in indulging in most hedonistic pratices and exquisite humane pleasures. Molto bene, caro amico, I always had the suspicion that you must be a connoisseur of la dolce vita, non è vero. I bet you didn’t go asking for Spaghetti Bolognese like the Hamster 😎

Apparently, you also survived the tunnel from the Italian Job on the Grand St. Bernard – or was it a direct flight 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No frenk, I ask for the Pizza putana or the Dio Carne and Spaghetti Puttanesca served by a suitable putana! Last time I went up the pass I was in a nappy !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Northern Spain today

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wow thats wild Bob !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Sure is bda, several towns and villages are cut off, and are expected to be for a day or so ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Some 200,000 homes were still without power across France on Tuesday after heavy snow fell across central regions on Monday evening, leaving hundreds stranded in their cars. Parts of the country are still on alert with the early wintry weather set to continue. Winter arrived early in parts of France on Monday and it took many by surprise, not the least the 950 motorists who were left stranded on roads in the Haute-Loire and Loire departments of central France when heavy snow fell on Monday evening. On Tuesday morning there were still some 195,000 homes in France without electricity due to powers cuts.

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

better get the breakdown squad out get them rolling on

C’est ça le problème quand on voyage toujours avec les pneu d’été dans cettes conditions, n’est-ce pas Monsieur Bob Lynx 😉

Thanks for the pics! I’m looking forward like a kid to find such conditions in Switzerland for a decent drift in my Rosie 😀

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m sure you have read this already Frenk, but for those who haven’t

https://www.thelocal.ch/20181029/in-pics-switzerland-sees-first-snow-of-the-winter

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

I have postponed my next ride into the Alps. The cantons of Wallis, Grisons and Ticino have more important warnings of flood and mudflow so that many roads are closed for safety reasons. I am patient though. Mid december is skiing time in Saas Fee at 3,600 m, yeehaw!!! And the RS is definitely comparable to carving skis, innit ?

BTW: Has anybody tried this with their RS? Should be fun 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbP2iyk7EBo

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

No Frenk, but it does look interesting and fun?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Cold weather has killed 37 people in Ukraine so far this month as temperatures reached minus 23 Celsius in parts of the former Soviet republic. Night temperatures are expected to drop to -28C in northern, central and eastern Ukraine this week. The cold snap followed heavy snowfall which left some areas covered with as much as 53 cm (21 inches) of snow. Cars were blocked for 18 kilometres (11 miles) overnight on Saturday on the main road between the capital Kiev and Lviv, officials said.

Hoping the weather doesn’t turn to the easterly or it could be heading our way ??

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Just to lighten things up, there’s a heatwave in Australia ?

Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology recorded temperatures over 40C on Friday. The high for Sydney’s Observatory Hill – the official temperature for the city – was 40.9C, meaning the 41.8C November record set in 1982 remains intact.

Above, swimmers wade into the sea as others seek relief from the heat by swimming in the saltwater pool at Bondi Icebergs Swimming Club in Sydney.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Bob, happy to report that Fuerteventura delivered the goods as usual, between 22 and  24c and mainly sunny and the odd gentle breeze, gutted to be back in the cold dull grey now. |Innit.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter Comes Early. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!