Yaris GR Road Test.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Yaris GR Road Test.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • Author

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

test drive booked for Friday……….hope i dont like it 😉

Boot is laughably small and interior looks ok in the pic, but very plastic

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by grunty-motor.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@grunty-motor

Yes agree with you 100%, I will be surprised if you don’t like it.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Don’t think you’ll need to wait long for Upgrades to make it sound better..!! Exhaust, Intake etc….

That was from the 29th November..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Yes seen a few tuning companies bought one for development. Be interesting to see what power they can extract from them!

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I really really want one. Im sure i have read online toyota are testing and even more hardcore one. Also the Litchfield one ran 270 bhp on the dyno. Mad

440bhp

443lbft

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

^ – that is what is holding me off a little too – will there be a more ltd / hardcore one like the blue / red editions?

I sometimes think i jumped in too early with the Focus – preorder, sync 2, headgasket, etc

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m staying calm and not getting my expectations up over it, I mean, its slower to 60 than the Focus, and its no faster than the Focus on the standing 1/4 mile , so its got to make up for all that by being a lot of fun !! Did you get your bonnet struts on in the end Matt ??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, great write up bud.

Straight to the point with no waffle, that’s how I like my car reviews.

Not for me personally, never been a fan of Jap cars although I totally understand why this particular car has the enthusiasts interested.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@v8griff

I have had loads of cars in my lifetime only one Toyota an MR2 Mk1 in the late 90’s. So I can relate to what you are saying about jap cars. It maybe not for everyone its personal choice. Thank you for reading my brief test drive as you say better to get straight to the point and reveal warts and everything. This car is not the holy grail by any means but it does cover ground in a very confident and no bullshit manner, its going to embarrass many more powerful and expensive cars especially on a challenging B road.

Coastliner

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

God, this is all giving me the itch.

I don’t need to replace the Focus either but I do need a new daily which will need to pick up 2 strapping lads from School every now and then.

My next daily should also be my Company car (my own car paid from an allowance)and the rules state it should be ‘Suitable for business use’. I could just about get away with it with the Focus being a 5 door family car but the Yaris is taking the piss.

I was planning a 2019 M140i for about £25k for a minter with plenty of options but its time for a test drive of the Yaris I think. s others have said, I hope I don’t likey!.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3

By all means have a test drive but two strapping lads and the driver might be a step too far.

Coastliner

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

Not for me always been a Ford man as was my old man, never really had any issues with Ford’s and now I own an RS which I’ve always wanted , everyone to their own and good luck if you buy one.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Meet HKS’s 475hp Toyota GR Yaris

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Yaris GR Road Test.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!