MORE RUST!!!

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing MORE RUST!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo ? good result, wish there was a dealer local to me that was helpful, instead of all the bull crap until warranty is up ☹️

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo ? good result. Wish there was a dealer local to me that was helpful, instead of all the bull crap until warranty is up ☹️

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

My RS is going into the Bodyshop next Tuesday morning to get that horrendous rust patch in the inner wing sorted, which is fine!!

BUT….. I’ve just found a new rusty bit!! It’s no biggy but disappointing all the same!! It’s the mesh next to the front fog light, hopefully this pic will upload…..

I can see the main section of mesh in front of the Intercooler starting to go the same way!! Has anybody else had this, or replaced this mesh?? Can you buy individual sections or do you have to buy a roll and cut it yourself??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by brembo.

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Probably better with a few strands of barbed wire for the big wild-life up on your roads.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

My goodness @brembo, that looks awful. At the moment mine looks ok will definitely keep an eye on it.

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@alloy

Probably mate, haha!! Or a big F**K OFF Bullbar to keep that bloody Pheasants and Mountain Goats away from my ETS Intercooler….. Lol!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Yeah you’re right mate!! It looks SH*T!! ?.

@gm

You wanna start up a RUSTY RS CLUB mate?? Lol!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, hope they replace it with a new one and not try and con you with, We’ll strip it off and  re-spray it.

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo your defo in the rust club now mate! ?

My mates one has rusted in the exact same areas, he’s well pissed as he’s only done just over 3k ? Im letting mine rust till spring then attacking it with force, if it’s rusty it’s getting powder coated or replaced. Then the whole lot it getting covered in non rusting shite… if i get time? ? Yes all the mods are still stacked neatly in the garage, with a new Mtune breather plate now also….?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

My Mk2 mesh had started when I sold it, but it was 5.5 years old and 8600 miles. I knew some else who had theirs painted primed and then black. Stone chips then chipped the black leaving the grey primer showing.

Coastliner

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I had the bottom mesh replaced on warranty last June (2018) new piece so far so good!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wowser, Marc, you must spend too long by the North sea salty air ! We don’t have Pheasants down here inside the M25, just a load of PEASANTS and illegals !!! wah wah wah !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

faber
    Participant

France

Good evening for me nothing to report but I will monitor the problem. No luck for you.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers for the replies lads!! ??.

@rs-Jon

I wasn’t actually expecting it to be warranty, I was gonna sort it myself, but I’ll certainly be asking the question now!! Plus, I’ve had a good run so far with paint warranty claims, lol…. Rear quarter panel/baby flap issue, 4 x Forged Alloys, rusty inner wing (still to be done), lol!! So I’ll ask the Bodyshop.

@71-bda

Evening mate!! Yeah yir right, the salty North Sea air doesn’t help, lol, but it’s to be expected I suppose as I’m out in it every single day mate!! HARDCORE…. I’m addicted to it!! ??.
    Sounds like you’re needing a Bullbar for the “wildlife” down your neck of the woods!! Haha..??.

@gm

All those NEW PARTS stacked in your garage are gonna start RUSTING soon if you don’t pull your finger out mate!! Lol!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo ?? yeah, or I’m just going to have 2 bumpers and a load of glass to fit them to…. ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to MORE RUST!!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!