My SG mini project build.

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My SG mini project build.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Evening all, thought I would start a little project thread.

Picked her up in June 2020 with 33k on the clock from Lookers South Shields after purchasing unseen online during lockdown in March but due to travel restrictions as much as I wanted to make the trip from east anglia I held off.

Px’d my daily BMW, don’t knock it, did 200 miles a day everyday back and forth to London up and down the M11 and achieved great mpg whilst being reasonably comfy but change of jobs meant working from home and I could buy my dream car a RS 🙂

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

What BMW did you have?..

If it’s not been ceramic coated, they come up really shinny and looked good when done, a former member had one, looked great.

What do you have planned?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

So drive home was amazing 🙂

Having brought unseen was chuffed to find FPM375 fitted along with the exhaust in jan 2020 from ford Maidstone.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Slowly going through my phone pics and adding them one by one 🙁

she not coated although front been filmed since new, needs redoing but kept the front end looking clean.

my plans quite simply is to keep up or near my friends 2020 bmw x4m competition in about a years time 🙂

I came from a 2017 bmw 116d and also a BMW 2013 520d. I got the rs the Mrs got a 2018 fiesta lol

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

What a result that was! fpm375 and a mountune cat back exhaust not advertised?

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Front end after 33k no paintwork

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

the advert from lookers showed a pic of the rear and could see badge and had feeling exhaust looked different but could not tell and being lockdown the sales rep not the most willing to go lift bonnet etc, it’s an rs up for 22500k 1 owner fmdsh at ford so was going to sell quick 🙂

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Next mod was purchased by my Mrs 🙂

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Also just realised when purchased the car also noticed the previous owner had fitted the carbon door handles, spears I think you call them.

I then purchased a mountune boot Mat from a member on here, unused, new and in packaging 🙂 Think there was a small mark up lol

these was then followed by another mountune purchase at a ebay premium… mountune floor mats and ford rubber mats over the top for winter. No pics of these. Lol

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Quick pic of my other love, I love this car and some on here may recognise her 🙂

don’t know why pics coming out sideways 🙂

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>In October I started to find out about the car and some of the likes/dislikes. I think I had done about 6/8k miles since June and the one thing I did not like was the VS. Round here on B roads it’s scary. One evening following a rs3 with my eldest in the car I overtook a car whilst following the audi and my underpants was brown after! And to make matters worse I found out our cars handle great but in a line are not as fast as I thought it was from drivers seat lol</p>

so first port of call was tracking where I met Gary Hayward at AP Tuning in Norwich. Great guy and ex RS owner and a legend in the jap scene.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Just before the tracking was done on way to brands hatch for ford live lite I met up with Lee edwards who updated the stereo software, added 5th drive mode and disabled PDC for me. Legend that guy with a laptop and his NB rs is just stunning.

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

“my plans quite simply is to keep up or near my friends 2020 bmw x4m competition”

You will struggle! I have an x3M and my focus is DS3 with all hardware (other maps are available!)

FOCUS
    40-80mph 3.7s
    0-60mph 4.48s
    1/4m 12.87s @ 111mph

BMW
    40-80mph 3.8s
    0-60mph 3.66s
    1/4m 11.78s @ 116mph

I think you are going to need forged and 450horses. That said, the focus often feels faster. Down a bumpy road the RS would walk away, but on a smooth fast road, think the X3 would surprise.

I think that in gear accelerations they are about the same………….but every gear change the focus loses ground. Also not much in terminal speed on the 1/4 so i think maybe the drag effect is coming into play.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My SG mini project build.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!