Overrev's RS Edition

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Overrev's RS Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

rog
    Participant

UK - England

@OverRev ~ cheers, sound principles and sage advice in that post. Again, great job.

For general information… https://bilt-hamber.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000070158-what-is-the-differences-between-dynax-ub-uc-and-s-50-

Pit or lift on the wish list?

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

rog – Thanks mate, and thanks for the link.

Now, Pit or Lift, well, it would be great to be able to get the car up on a lift for jobs like these, for now though, it’s the trusty trolley jack!

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Wow, time flies, ages since I updated this thread, too long in fact.

Well, the car is running well, and I have to say she definitely brings out the kid in me, the noise from the Cat back fused with the handling of the RS make for a fantastic point to point blasting machine, but I guess I am preaching to the converted, I mean, you guys already know exactly what I am talking about.

Thinking back over the second half of last year though, and three memories spring immediately to mind, two fantastic and the other, well, not quite so fantastic.

I’ll get the bad one out of the way first, I got caught speeding, sod it!!!

Obviously, I wasn’t expecting it, one of those mobile jobbies got me from miles away, a fair cop as they say, 3 Points and a £100 fine, and we’ll wait and see what the Insurance premium looks like next time around.

Right, now to the fun bits, my two high points of the year have both been Track Days, just fantastic fun, helmet on, and go nail it, flaming addictive that’s the trouble. I’ll admit that the track is where my heart lies, just something about the challenge and the way it makes me feel inside, completely intangible of course, but so real and intoxicating!

Even though my car is stock on the chassis front, I never cease to be amazed at just what you can get out of the car on track, the car just begs to be pushed, and as you do so, you seem to get even more feed back, your confidence building with each lap, and around a testing track like Cadwell, there isn’t a lot that comes past you.

I’ll add a few pics, unfortunately one at a time though, or the post will vanish, this could take some time!!!

Cadwell Park –  Oct19

Set in the hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds, it doesn’t look it, but it’s around 5 or 6 degrees, the first leaves are beginning to fall, and it’s a few minutes before Drivers briefing, just time to grab a quick coffee and a pic.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Tyres were soon up to temperature, I had to drop the pressures a few times, experimented a bit, and eventually ended up running 43 psi Front and 40 psi rear hot. These pressures were checked very quickly after leaving the track, obviously the brakes and wheels were hot. Incidently, these pressures finished up at FL 34, FR 34.5, RL 32.5 and RR 33 psi cold.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Brakes were definitely hot, (wheels surprisingly so as well), but holding up well considering they’re stock.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Out of interest, the V3 Cat Back bounced the sound meter at 97db at approx. 4’800 rpm, from memory the stock pipe was circa 87 db on my 2016 RS.

The car back in the pits for a cool down

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Down the Start and Finish Straight, with the Old Manor House in the background, we use to sign on in there back in the days when I first started racing bikes, eeee, I was only a nipper back then!!!

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Soon be time for her second service, also, I’ve got a few detailing jobs I want to get done ahead of the spring, so a few little bits to be getting on with, should help to pass the winter a little.

Anyway, for now that’s about it, thank you for reading guys.

Cheers

Rob

faber
    Participant

France

Super report with very beautiful photos I appreciate.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@OverRev

Evening mate!! Hope you’re well!!

Excellent read. Appreciate you taking time to write these posts and put up pics, albeit one at a time, lol!! Glad your loving the car and making the most of it, that’s what it’s there for!!

The RS looks great in those action photos!! Really at home on a Track too!! ??.

I just took mine for one last Blast as I’m away back Offshore tomorrow. Deprived of the RS for 3 weeks but it makes getting back in it even more special when I’m back on land!! ?.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@overRev, great action shots. Thanks for sharing your experience. Shame about the 3 points and £100. ?

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@OverRev In action shots look mint..! Defo on my list of things to do with the RS..?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Overrev's RS Edition. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!