quarterly meet.

Home Forums Regional England – Midlands quarterly meet.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 179 total)
  • Author

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Impressive spec Ian, I’m just going FPM375 on 15/11 and maybe a short shift later, after trying the lovely 9 Design’s. Keeping things warranty friendly and wife-friendly. Only way I can upgrade is covertly through a money-laundering system. It is limiting at the moment but my RS should have a hell of a fifth birthday, maybe on its second or third engine or to celebrate lasting 5 years; if it lasts that long it’s probably a good one!

Good to hear you’re coming Chris! Business or pleasure? I bet you fit at least one, you can’t help yourself! Might be worth getting the ok from the museum? If there are enough RS’s there they might allocate a decent sized area to display our cars,  last time we had to fit in amongst general parking. Maybe a bit too public though for fitting, and it is a Sunday, you deserve the odd day off!

What do you reckon Steve? Worth approaching the museum? Have a bit more room, nice section of car park or grass out front if not too squishy, and a Central  ? fitting session if Chris fancies it and the museum approves?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I can call in and ask next time I’m over,   so far we have the following  people I believe.

9Designs  (Magnetic)
    Dr RS  (Stealth)
    Jasoni (NB)
    Chris Preston
    Ian Barker (NB)

So maybe not quite enough to cause an issue, but….

They do have an even on the 26th Nov, could be busy.

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/events/toy-and-collectors-fair

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

You can add another one, especially seeing as I am only from just down the road in Leamington!

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Chris is, wait for it… NB! Quel Surprise! We need a black and a white one (J-Hus reference for all you grime fans).

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Have you ever met those toy collectors Steve? Don’t underestimate then. They can sniff a rare Dinky at 100m and would murder for a sealed one in pristine box. If it gets into a turf war about car parking territory, I’m off!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

9Designs  (Magnetic)
    Dr RS  (Stealth)
    Jasoni (NB)
    Chris Preston (NB)
    Ian Barker (NB)
    GlenRS (NB)

Just been summoned to Gaydon Towers on Tuesday AM, so will ask at the museum if it’s a problem us littering the car park with blue Fords..;)

I think sniffing a rare Dinky is something for a whole different forum ..LOL

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Might just be you and I then Steve if they only allow the tasteful colours? If they say no we’ll just find a phone box instead.

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah yeah, and the rest of us will just have to find the nearest British Gas depot!???

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

“They can sniff a rare Dinky at 100m.” ?

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

? @ Howsey.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

@Glenn so many clichés already about RS ownership, and as Howsey correctly points out on another thread, so many arguments. Nobody’s bothered about colours any more, apart from LE Red maybe, and everyone has forgotten veering steering (still a real problem for some, still unexplained by Ford). Now there is engine paranoia, also fuelled by ignorance, social media non-owner trolling and lack of input from Ford again. I’m sure they will do the right thing in time. Once they do, I think RS ownership will really live up to the initial media hype at launch. I wonder what the next big issue will be?

I never looked at any Ford before the Mk3. Due to personal circumstances at the time it ticked all the boxes. I wanted a great car to drive small enough to fit in my tiny garage which would also provide an interesting hobby. It has certainly provided all that, assisted by the diversity of forum member knowledge, personality and opinion. The other forum trip to Saarlouis was fascinating and I’ve met some top people like Chris Preston. I’m delighted to have promoted Ghost sales and helped fellow owners find a security solution they are happy with. Locals Steve 9 Designs and Jasoni were a pleasure to meet last time at Gaydon and I’m looking forward to meeting more locals in November and learning more about their mods. I’m thankful my car has been perfect to date and yesterday I even made Howsey smile. Looking forward to FPM375 being fitted soon. RS Ownership is ?. I think after just over a year, I’m finally getting it.

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

Been a Ford owner all my driving life in various guises XR, ST etc. but this is my first RS and boy do I love it, like you say no matter what colour it is, one heck of a car, even in pretty much standard trim as mine is and for me a daily driver, so gonna get the most out of it I can! (FPM375 early next year is the plan)

Great to have the back up of the Forum on all matters (thanks to Kenny) never before been involved in a car club, loved showing at Silverstone this year, (name down for next year already)!

Looking forward to getting to know some other members (besides Chris, who I guess most owners have met….Ghost/Tracker and Blackvue for me!)

See ya all on the 26th.?

Although back to colours…..still kind of miss my Tangerine Scream ST…..(see it regularly too as has stayed local)…..that is until I get back behind the Wheel of the RS of course!…….?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I might be up for a club meet at Gaydon. My white RS is due a decent run if it’s not raining. I’m also one of those diecast “sniffers”, although as you can see below I prefer Corgi.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like it could be your ideal day, RS drive and meet plus diecast models to sniff out, worth a few rain showers I would have thought.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Midlands local group meet.

26th Nov,   10.30 am     https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk     ( JLR Gaydon).  Parking place  – TBC.

9Designs  (M)
    Dr RS  (SG)
    Jasoni (NB)
    Chris Preston (NB)
    Ian Barker (NB)
    GlenRS (NB)
    pnp77 (FW)  If it doesn’t rain and Dinky sniffing is on.

Agenda,

Talk cars, talk bollocks, look at cars, talk more bollocks, go for coffee, walk around museum and talk more bollocks, drive home safely. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to quarterly meet.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!