WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Home Forums Styling Wheels WHEELS BLISTERING!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Jim-t
    Participant

UK - England

Hi there I’ve just checked the forged alloys on my Rs & yes blistering is visible on the wheels, car hasn’t done 3000 miles yet, not happy

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Hmm Strange.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

The North Coast 500 guide book arrived today.

Coastliner

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Can you photo shop the guide with an RS on it please ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@jim-t

Evening mate!! How old is your RS?? Are you seeing blistering on all 4 Alloys??

@coastliner

Evening mate!! Got the book already did you, nice!! I was out for a blast this afternoon on what is becoming my favourite road and I would highly recommend you have a blast along this one when on your trip!! It’s the A839. And I would approach it from the A9, that’s the main road up/down the East Coast. The main roads, especially the A9 can be a bit busy, this road is usually  quiet and is epic. Perfect for letting out any built up frustration etc from being stuck in holiday traffic!! Lol!! To be honest the traffics not usually that bad up here. It takes you to Lairg and you can either head back down through Bonar Bridge and back onto the A9 if you were heading south or you can carry on up past the shores of Loch Shin, which is a pretty epic road also!! I’ve highlighted it on the map…

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Jim-t
    Participant

UK - England

Hey brembo , my Rs is a 16 plate registered November 16, do we know if any replacement wheels are a better quality? Going to dealer on tues , need to get car up on my ramp & properly  inspect all the wheels before tues

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve stayed in Balintore a couple of times with the Burgess family a good few years back nice place small fishing port

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

kevlcfc
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Just wondering if you have heard back from Ford about replacing your wheels?

Took mine down Tuesday and Ford have just told my local garage they will replace mine, saying they had a manufacturing problem with them. Just got to wait for them to be delivered then they will get them fitted.

Looking at your pictures they were similar to my wheels so hopefully you shouldn’t have any issues with Ford replacing them.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Don’t mention ceramic coating IMO as I think that is an excuse not to proceed with a replacement

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@kevlcfc

I’m booked in for the 7th June to get the wheels and tyres removed and photos taken. Didn’t get anywhere with the couple of photos I asked them to take when I first turned up at the dealership. Not sure why they have to be so awkward, maybe that’s what Ford specify?? Did they remove your wheels and tyres to take photos mate?? You’ve had a good outcome anyway, nice one!! Hopefully I’ll get the same.

@kenny

Yeah, sound advice mate!! I think the less said the better. Fingers crossed!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

kevlcfc
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Don’t think they removed the tyres. Just took the wheels off and inspected them and took photos of the corrosion then emailed them off to Ford. Thought I would get it sorted before the warranty runs out. So good result that I get a nice set of new wheels on a car nearly 3 years old.

They told me Ford were aware of an issue with the forged alloys so cant see them not replacing yours. Good luck with it anyway. Let us know how you get on.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Jim-t

Morning mate!! Don’t know if the finish is any different on newer wheels but from what @kevlcfc has said they are aware of the fault. How did you get on when you went in??

@kevlcfc

Yeah, don’t know why they have to remove my tyres when the corrosion is clearly visible with the tyres on?? Just need to wait and see what happens. Fingers crossed I get the same outcome as yourself mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

Jim-t
    Participant

UK - England

Hey brembo  sorry for delay on reply, went into dealer & shocked to say a great result, really nice guy & no quibble about a new wheel required happy days cheers

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@jim-t

Good news mate!! ??. I’m hoping for a good result when I get home, booked in for the 7th June!!

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning All!! Currently sat in the showroom of my local Ford Dealer while the RS gets the blistering wheels checked!! Update to follow. Hopefully it’s good news!! ?.

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to WHEELS BLISTERING!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!