Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Home Forums Performance Engine Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 289 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Who has spent out on either conversion from a stage 2 car , interested to know how they both drive and perform etc.
    2 different turbos Nx2 for devils and Garrett G series turbo for sabre

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

What about the Sabre 684 package? đŸ€­

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I understand it that’s Devils capped their 530 tune as a customer cost cap as anymore power and torque and this would of added an additional bill of £1500 ish as a new clutch would then be required.

The Devils 530 using the NX2 turbo, this is at least 100/100+ bhp shy of where it could be if you swap out the clutch and add fuelling.

The NX2 mapped right drives almost like factory

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@gm

Devils have hit more than 530 they had one running near 700 bhp ages ago  but that’s not the question

@white-rs

Yeah understand that,  530 is fine for me , until I get bored 😅

Is just fueling  enough though on the standard  ecu for the extra bhp ??

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mine is at devils getting the 530 modifications finished as we speak. Can’t wait to get it back

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Factory ECU is a good unit, the factory injectors must be maxed at that power level.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I did see msd now have a msd700 that due to be ready soon , or may be ready ?

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brian c

Excellent , you having cams too ?

Be great to hear what you think when you get it back đŸ€©

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy i know the owner is a real good bloke….. Now a yaris owner tho, might not want his review / thoughts on things 😆

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

The owner of the devils big bhp car ?

I chatted to him via messenger, he basically bought the car and went straight to the garage 😼

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah I went for piper 270 camshafts, ported head with oversized valves and a 2 litre bottom end with oversized pistons. Hopefully it will make over the 530 bhp. It’s been a bit of a headache for them to get tuned, which they are putting down to the ported head. The boost was coming in earlier than expected and throwing up an overboost fault plus other fault codes. Spoke to them today and they told me it won’t be long now, jst the fine tuning to do now. Been with them for a while now but to be fair to them it wasn’t booked in for the work that has been done. Was originally only going to get tuned.

Been a rollercoaster of ups and mostly downs doing this serious a tune, so be prepared if your planning on going down this road. UPS lost my original cylinder head and before Devils got the car I forged the bottom end with a local engine builder which failed after 100 miles.

Wish I had went to Devils in the first place as I’d have saved a lot of money and stress but fingers crossed I’ll have it back in the next couple of weeks.

If you do decide to go for Sabre or Devils I hope everything goes a lot better than it has for me lol

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy this one….? big money spent.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@gm

No I think it was blue ,I think he was on this site

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brian c

What a nightmare !

I will be using standard head , i have the same cams fitted piper 270 (stage 2 ) , did they recommend them ?

Think they were using stage 3 cams

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Well in my original head I used 285 cams, which I lost.

I then bought a new head which devils supplied with 270 cams. I asked them if I would be better with 285’s and they said it wouldn’t make much of a difference with the 270’s plus it idles a lot smoother. If you speak to them they will be more than happy to explain everything to you, they’ve always be very open and helpful to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!