Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Home Forums Performance Engine Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

At what power level are  the gear syncros and issue ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I guess theirs a full spectrum of contributing factors here.

I’m running 563whp and no gearbox issues indicated as yet.

A friend Colin is running 437 and has had to rebuild his box due to synchro failure.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@White-RS2

@Nate

You start off with the stock clutch is all wonderful and great numbers then finish with the stock clutch will not last with those great numbers 😂😂😂😂

I reckon your dyno is reading high (I’ve said that before) as on Devils rollers / SRD rollers / RaceCal hub dyno mines started to slip at around 520nm on all 3 and then been backed off to 513.

i read it right too then, defo over reading in that case.

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy
    At what power level are  the gear syncros and issue ?

right around the 550 mark onwards I’m lead to believe. I’ve always maintained the clutch is the weak point dont strengthen too much or the torque transfers through to next weakest point.

get a decent uprated clutch and dmf and accept the fact that with higher power you’ll change the clutch more often

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Perry Whittle what clutch you using in your set up? Ive gone helix twin plate organic, single mass flywheel…. if they are good enough for al the 600+ Mk2 guys its good enough for mine 😆

We launched my mates 700+ evo with the same clutch principal…. hot day, sticky tyres and it took out the drive splines in the friction plates 😂

@robroy
    its pot luck… my mate done 2 boxes in before changing to carbon lined.

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

😆😆😆😆ffs you guys dyno over reads and there you are running that power at 29psi 😂😂😂😂 bring it down let’s see what it does because if it over reads then it will say yours is even more powerful  which we know it’s not.

Stock clutch from brand new @400 bhp lasted me 20k miles

stock clutch at 530bhp 515lbft lasted 21k miles

MY findings are after fitting new and second hand parts to validate my testing and development

a secondhand dual mass with 4-6,000 miles will last with one of my brand new friction and cover plates @ 560 bhp and 538lbft

a dual mass with 20k on it does not last with one of my kits but will do 15k at over 600hp and 500+lbft

a new dual mass with one of my kits or the billet cover plate kit will also last no problem and will also hold 538-600+lbft

no leg day with these clutch kits competition act extreme etc all way stiffer than this clutch I know this because I’ve driven them all we specifically went for this set up main goals to feel like OEM and to outperform them

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

I had the stock clutch tested at helix The stock clutch with a paddle plate is rated to 412nm

if using a stock organic friction plate then it will be even less because the less contact surface area increases the clamping force so what are you saying now the devils and srd rollers  are over reading??

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

No issues with syncros for me either I think it depends how you drive , I am mechanically sympathetic I’ve down more miles than most at higher power and had no issues at all my friends has just hit 71k and he has just broken his syncros it’s driven hard every single day

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@ Nate

Wow that’s abit of a angry rant ….

It’s highly unlikely that 3 companies dynos all over read the same figures and all read the same figures but all 3 must be over reading by the same amount weird and highly unlikely

You also forgot Brian’s is rimming 570 with less boost than mine

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Now now Ladies 😂😂

Get your draggy’s out, the fictitious world of dyno’s is pointless get them on the real world performance test. As soon as i find 0.6 sec I’ll post my new time….. Im almost with you Nath 😅

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@GM i’m on 31k and still on stock clutch and dmf.

I know at some point i’m in for a clutch, i’ll be going with new stock DMF and likely clutch masters stg 3 clutch

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Perry Whittle what mileage you got on the clutch since power upgrade?

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

first map went on at about 15k, Tuneplus map been on since 22k

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

Don’t do Draggy as these cars aren’t Quarter mile machines; as their aren’t any curves, bends or corners and to me that is the fun part of this car.

Blasting down the motorway at 185/194 is fun for about a minute or two then your just going fast in a straight line (note fast, very fast but in a straight line) ………. Yawn.

You have someone in your WhatsApp group who’s done Donington in 1 minute 7 seconds or their abouts from memory and that is far more impressive than any Draggy queen times you show in those pictures.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by white-rs2.
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Who gone for Devils a 530 package or Sabre 550. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!