Winter 2020 is on its way

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter 2020 is on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 285 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat. When can we expect a heatwave in the Midlands so I can crack out the budgie smugs and the paddling pool!

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, now that’s the million dollar question 😹😹😹. I’ll have to consult the old Almanac over the boiling cauldron in the dark of the night…….. errr. I’ll do some research and let you know 👍

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat. Let me know as I have just ordered the tanning oil ready👍

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, now I may be a little off on specific dates …. but… very early indications are that this year is going to be a record braking summer with above average temperatures with occasional sharp and heavy down pours. But fist we might see a more snow as late as the first week in April in the midlands and north.  My suggestion is go the the Canary Islands asap (Covid police allow)  to use that sun tan oil 😹😹😹

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat. If the covid police allowed I would be on the next plane to the Caribbean! Unfortunately my company has no facilities in Barbados, Jamaica or St Kit’s so I can’t even claim business requirements. As it is I may have to wait until early 2022 and take an extended break for my 40th.

Let’s hope for a hot summer in the UK with plenty of bbq’s and beer!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, the long awaited trip to the Turks and Caicos islands are now on a long hold 😭 maybe one day 😼

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by bobcat.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat. Be very careful if you do get the chance to go as I don’t know what sort of shit goes down in “Cockburn Town”. (that’s the capital for those who don’t know)

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Early February predictions for the U.K.
    February will start much like how January will end. Active weather fronts moving in off the Atlantic will bump into cold air sitting over the British Isles, bringing a mixture of rain, sleet and snow as the weather fronts track across the country.

From Monday (1 Feb) night through till Wednesday 3 Feb), a weather front will deliver snow to Northern Ireland, Wales, the Midlands, North England, and much of Scotland, albeit mainly on high ground in these areas. Away from the snow, rain will be a common occurrence in the week, and with some rivers in England and Wales still very high, further spells of rain presents a flood risk.

By the end of the first week of February, high pressure is expected to build over northern Europe, to the North and North East of the UK. This should put the brakes on weather fronts tracking across the Atlantic and towards the British Isles, and so drier conditionslook more likely by the weekend of 6/7 February. The high pressure building to our North and North East will also allow a cold air mass to filter its way towards the UK, and so it will turn colder than the seasonal norm. This will set the precedent for mid-February.

Mid-February
    By the second week of February (starting Monday 8 Feb), high pressure will build across Scandinavia – to the North East of the UK – and this will set up a strong easterly flow right across the heart of Europe, and into the British Isles. This strong easterly flow will drag in air all way from Russia, where temperatures are very cold at this time of year. A very cold week of weather is therefore expected.

A cold air mass will penetrate westwards from the East, bringing accumulations of snow across much of the UK.
    The easterly flow also presents the risk of snow. The very cold air mass will track across the North Sea before reaching the UK, and relatively speaking, the air over the North Sea is much milder compared to the air coming in from Russia. This acts to create ‘atmospheric instability’, causing lines of snow showers to develop over the North Sea before heading towards the eastern coasts of Britain. Penetrating westwards, much of Britain could see these snow showers deliver snow accumulations during mid-February. Snow showers may struggle to get all the way across to western parts of the UK though, so Northern Ireland and western Scotland may stay relatively dry and fairly snow-free.

This kind of set up – with easterly winds dragging in very cold air – is akin to the weather pattern during the ‘Beast from the East’ back in 2018.

Late February
    The cold easterly winds expected during mid-February will become less impactful over the UK as we head into the latter part of the month. High pressure to the North and North East of the UK is expected to decline, and this will allow a gradual returning influence from Atlantic weather systems pushing in from the West. Conditions will likely be wetter, windier, and less cold, compared to mid-February.

Snow will still be a possibility as weather fronts bump into colder air ahead of them (similar to what we have seen in late January), but cold, snowy weather up and down the country is much less likely by late February.

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Ladies and Gents, stay safe out there.

Even here in San Diego, just a little rain makes drivers dumb.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone got snow or seen the beast from the east?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@1234enough, it’s just started here in Norfolk. It’s about 4/5 hrs behind schedule that the weather forecasters predicted. The wind is very strong also we could see some drifts building up 🥶

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

No snow in Staffordshire @Bobcat. Just wrapping up and heading out to get the cars cleaned. May go thermals as it’s about – 1 cuttently

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, thanks for the update. Wrap up warm the wind chill could be around  -5/6. It’s looking as if you’ll get a dusting later.

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Easy and calm here in the south around Basel. 10° and a bit of drizzle. Might go out for a relaxed Sunday drift with my Rosie before watching football on the telly 😎

Quite different situation in the middle of Germany, though. My daughter in Lüneburg reports -10°, stormy, snow and ice all over the place. To stay at home was never so easy 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 285 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter 2020 is on its way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!