Winter 2021/2022

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Winter 2021/2022

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

MARCH weather

Snow weather forecast Met Office: where in UK can expect deep snowfall – when will ‘Beast from the East’ hit?

Forecasters are predicting a combination of an Arctic blast from the east as well as a ‘snow bomb’ from the west next week. A ‘snow bomb’ heading to the UK is predicted to bring some winter weather and heavy snowfall.
    While polar air is expected to come over to the UK from the opposite direction in a ‘Beast from the East’ style arctic blast. The start of 2022 has not been filled with flurries of white snow but it has seen a string of storms that caused mass chaos across the country such as Eunice, Dudley and Franklin.
    The extreme weather is not calming down as new weather maps from WXCharts show that there is a ’snow bomb’ moving across the Atlantic ocean which could bring around three inches of snow to the UK.
    The snow is currently forecast to land around 10 March and is expected to hit Scotland, Wales and parts of northern and central England the hardest.
    The weather front will bring freezing temperatures with some parts of Scotland and northern England seeing -4 degrees.

The long-range Met Office forecast for the UK is currently showing that it will be “cold across much of the UK” next week with some wintry showers.
    There is Polar air coming in from Europe and milder currents from the Atlantic ocean which are set to clash next week. The collision of the cold and warm air is rare but as the weather system is approaching as the UK heads into spring, the damage shouldn’t bee too severe.
    Where will the snow hit?
    The heaviest snowfall will hit Scotland with 25 centimetres predicted.
    Other areas where the snow is likely to land are Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, the Welsh Valleys, Lancashire and the North East of England.
    The south of the country is more likely to see heavy rain – 10mm an hour could be seen in London and its surrounding areas.

Well maybe 🤔

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Snow needs to pi55 off as I cut my lawns last weekend and put some seed down. Plus I can’t clean the car in snow!

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, I wouldn’t worry too much personally I don’t think it will be that snowy, cold maybe wet possibly. Just the weathermen over egging it 👍

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Stay safe out there ladies and gents.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Snow needs to pi55 off as I cut my lawns last weekend and put some seed down. Plus I can’t clean the car in snow!

@turbo
    , I wouldn’t worry too much personally I don’t think it will be that snowy, cold maybe wet possibly. Just the weathermen over egging it 👍

So much for the Met Office warning or serve weather this week😾

I’ll get my bit of seaweed out and see what it predicts 😹😹😹

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

And they say it could get up to 18  degrees next week , what’s going on with the  weather, saying that if that’s the case early summer , if last few years are anything to go on , we seem to have a few days in March / April & that’s our summer over , just a few sweltering days in  July/ august, all broken down with flash floods, ILL get me sun cream out for next week , sorry bobcat for jumping on your report, how your keeping well m8  I hope . 👍👍🤣

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

I was in the South East visiting my son on the day the Beast from the East hit – the Michelin Pilot 4sports were bloody useless – bugger all grip and wifey shouting at me to get a move on as we drove home to the North Westat 11pm in virtual white out conditions: she thinks that bloody car can do anything in any weather and anything less is shit driving from me!!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Andrew.
Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Winter 2021/2022. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!