New Engine Possibillities

Home Forums Performance Engine New Engine Possibillities

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

And original rods part number :

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

I’ll get them checked, cheers.

So if I’ve got the 23mm pin rods and pistons I really need to find pistons with the 23mm pin size or I’ll have to buy new pistons and rods?

Mountune USA still state their mahle piston are 2618 while UK spec is 4032.

From what I’ve read the benefits for 4032 are they don’t wear the engine / bores as much as the 2618, last longer, quieter and better for daily use.

This guys standard piston went and he only had fpm375 map. Is it really just bad luck rather than the map

https://www.focusrsoc.com/threads/engine-noise.369877/

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

On terms of piston grade, if I wanted to stick to 4032, I’ll have to wait for mountune to get stock in or go for wossner pistons. Can’t see anyone else who’s got 4032 grade pistons.

It’s likely I’ll need to change the rods due to pin size so I’ll either get the carillo ones from mountune again or get Manley I-beam ones or the wiseco boostline ones. Think carillo or Manley ones are the better option. Manley are also couple hundred cheaper than carillo.

Does anyone know if the boostline ones are H or I beams? Not very clear online.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Have you tried Pro Race engineering? These are worth a call

https://prorace-engineering.co.uk/?s=Ford&post_type=product

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

This is probably worth a view / read but ignore the prices as most are up to 6 years old.

https://www.focusrsoc.com/threads/forging-the-engine-options.367401/

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Yeah seen them while I’ve been searching online.  I’ve went as far as messaging a garage in new Zealand who advertise the old version of mountune pistons 😂😂. Mountune don’t want to reply to emails. Will cost about 300-400 more than normal but would save me money getting new rods. I’ve messaged JW Racing too. Says due to the pin size change I’ll need to replace the rods.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Have you tried contacting Mahle direct about who can supply the 23mm pistons

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Nope 😂. I’ll email them now.

CTB performance in New Zealand have just left me on read for a whole day so doubt they’ll answer me 🤷🏽‍♂️

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mahle can’t help as they said Mountune would of had a custom spec and they don’t sell directly. The direct UK supplier are Mar Motorsport and they don’t stock them. They stock the usual mahle 2618.

I’ll try and phone mountune one last time tomorrow and see if they can advise of the 23mm pin. Or when they’ll get their 4032 back in stock since they’re not replying to any emails.

If they don’t answer I might look to fit wossner pistons as they are 4032. 4032 will suit me better than 2618 ones. I’ll maybe get Manley turbo tuff I Beams since they’re probably the best option out with mountunes carillo.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Also tried looking for anyone who sells the Mahle powerpak pistons and no luck with that. They gave me the part number 197937145. These ones are 4032 as well.

I’m sure the 2618 will be fine but I’m thrown off the fact of the piston slap and the wear on the bore/block. So would prefer the 4032.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The slap solution is run Castrol 10/60 Supercar oil

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@ Lucky

If you swap out your rods and pistons if you cannot get the 23mm version would you sell the remaining, probably 3 rods 3 pistons you have ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’m sure I’m currently running 10/60 oil as it’s mountunes recommended oil. If this oil is the slap solution, does it help the wear on the bores/block?

Yeah would probably look to sell them eventually but doubt anyone would buy them as they’re 23mm pin. Someone else would have to be in my situation to benefit from them. It be 4 mountune carillo rods and 3 mountune mahle pistons.

Some good news, I can source mahle powerpak 197937145 pistons. These are 4032 grade but still 22.5mm so I might get these or wossner pistons.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The powerpak pistons are 87.51mm, surely the 0.01mm isn’t going to cause any issues??

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Engine Possibillities. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!