TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 395 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

so it’s just me, COD Modern Warfare, 5 x bottles of Monkey Shoulder, 8 x cans of Corned Beef….. Tinned Chopped Pork is also acceptable…. lol… FUCKEN love it mate!!

so basically I just stay inside for 3 weeks?? Go out in the RS when required…… to be fair… I could probably do my normal 75 mile route and no C**T would be the wiser!!??!! AYE, FLAT OOT like..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hit the home made Palinka last night, jesus don’t I know it. From Left to right we have Plum at 52% which knocks your socks off, Peach, Pear at 48% and an Apricot and Honey which I had for desert.

Absolutely delicious.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3, heady stuff indeed, the way things are going we might have to ration ourselves to at least one a day?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, pleased you like Monkey Shoulder, it is certainly easy drinking. My latest purchase

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

Hope you’re all keeping safe n sound during these crazy, unprecedented times?? ??.

Well Mrs Brembo has left to do her night shift at the care home….. extremely apprehensive I may add!! She’s a big shit-bag at the best of times but after hearing tonight about the death of 8 or 9 residents in a care home in Dundee and a number of cases in the Highlands due to COVID-19, she’s left the house tonight….. well not quite herself to be honest!! I don’t know if it’s a normal thing but the care home she works in won’t allow staff to wear any type of face mask etc…!!!! ??. Does anyone know if this is allowed?? Is this the done thing until a resident ACTUALLY shows symptoms of the COVID-19?? If anyone has any input on this subject please reply?? ??.

I would just like to take a moment and mention what an AMAZING and BRAVE job all our frontline workers are doing while facing this FUCKEN HORRENDOUS Virus!! I take my hat off to you all and TONIGHT’S TIPPLE is for you guys…….

First time I’ve tried it, got it from Tesco for £22, had a tenner off I think, while getting essential shopping!! It’s actually quite nice, strangely it doesn’t smell that pleasant as you put the glass to your mouth?? You just kinda catch a whiff… could be my breath, HAHA… ??… But it tastes fine. It’s got a smokiness to it which I like….. ?…… and a subtle peatiness on the after taste…. which I really like…. ??. I’ll add any other notes as the evening goes on if required…. but I think i can say for sure that it’s only gonna get better as the night goes on!!! ???.

@daveRS3

Evening mate!! Do you brew them yourself?? Looks like decent stuff… ????..!!

@bobcat

Evening mate!! What likes that Penderyn Portwood?? Is it a new one??

Ok guys and girls….. everybody stay SAFE PLEASE and we can all come out the end of this Horrible FUCKEN plague very FUCKEN soon and get back into our RS’s and go FUCKEN NUTS!! ????..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening…… I’ll just add this….

Awesome song, sung by an awesome guy, and myself and Mrs Brembo love this tune….

Hope you’re all staying safe, and where possible, having the best time!!!!!!!!

This SHITE will not beat US…. it can only make us stronger!!!!! ????.

Cheers, Marc.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Brembo.

I assisted making the plum (just feeding the fire under the distilling pot) in Hungary where I spend a lot of time and I know about 10 people who make it in their back gardens with their own fruit. The others are gifts that you pick up whenever you visit anyone over there. I cant recall ever visiting someone’s home and not being given Palinka to drink or take away. Its everywhere and I kid you not its nectar. Been drinking it over 20 years now and love it. I go through approx 5 litres a year. It’s illegal and the EU have been trying to stop it since they joined and keep threatening to kick them out for allowing it but the Hungarian government just quite rightly stick their fingers up as it’s a huge cultural thing. Unbelievable amounts of passion goes into making it and it’s very important how you drink it (always in a tulip or grappa glass and you must look your guest in the eye as you say Egeshegedre or cheers and down it). I stay in this house every year, sometimes twice https://www.booking.com/hotel/hu/luxus-ingatlan-apartman.en-gb.html and its paradise. It has a palinka bar fully stocked and I get it for about £70 night as we are friends with the owners. Got it booked late july, just hope we can go.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Best wishes Brembo, hope the missus can stay safe, enjoy the Whiskey and yeah like the song.

I’ve just cracked a new bottle of Laphroaig 10 years. Cheers fella.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo looks good mate ?

Hope the missis stays safe…. My understanding of the mask thingy, its more to stop the person wearing spreading other than preventing you getting it.. did see somewhere your at higher risk when wearing a mask of getting infected. It was due to the number of times you touch your face, when wearing, adjusting, fitting and removing?

My wife’s grandfather used to make awesome home made wine and stuff, parsnip, nettle and elderberry.. Only got one left bottled in November 2000..

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@GM, can’t beat that. Made with love and alcohol.

I’m still working from home so, a can or two of Bud Light Seltzer is the only thing I should drink.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, Portwood it warm on the throat but doesn’t burn, slightly sweet very smooth hint of smoky peat leaving a spicy after taste. Just magical

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I was curious how the Bud Light Seltzer tastes like:

Froze the glass and the can for 45 mins…. Pretty good.

The mango was not too bad either:

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Curious how the Bud Light Seltzer tastes:

Placed the glass and the can in the freezer in my mini fridge for 45 mins. Not Bad.

I prefer the Mango so far:

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@nicklulu,  strange buds flavours. Not seen them here in the UK

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

TONIGHTS TIPPLE IS…………..

What can I say….. this stuff is LOVELY!!!!

It’s definitely got the edge over the Monkey Shoulder…. so smooth with a big lump of ice in it!!

And a steel at £20 in Tesco just now, normally £28!! Get yirsel a bottle of this @bobcat and let me know what you think??

A new favourite for sure…… ????..!!

CHEERS ALL!!! STAY SAFE!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!