TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 395 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3, can’t wait for the lockdown to ease abit more so we can see the family as we have a bottle of Barolo to open. What are your thoughts on it.

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

One if the best I’ve had TBH.

Lovely and thick like custard you can almost eat the stuff. Very heavy and strong with that unmissable long lasting flavour on the tongue.

Borolo has been my favourite wine for a few years now but there is a big difference between them I find. Got these for Christmas. 1 down, 1 to go.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, hi hope all ok. Tonight tipple

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

So Bobcat,

How do you pronounce it, is it:

Oshentoshan

Or

Ockentoshen???

I like the std one, very nice whiskey, haven’t tried that edition so let us know how it goes.?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Evening mate!! ?. Hope all is good with you?? That’s an interesting Whisky…. I’ve heard of it but never tried it. You’ll have to let me know what it’s like??

All good here…… VERY GOOD in fact!!
    Got told yesterday that I’ve kept my job so a massive weight has been lifted!! ??.
    Don’t think I realised how much it was affecting me until I was told I was safe!!

Mrs Brembo has done it again…. She came home from Nightshift this morning and went to bed, I got up and came downstairs to find a lovely gift on the table….. something I’ve been wanting to try for ages…….

So TONIGHTS TIPPLE is……

I’ve  just poured myself a large one…. ?.

Take care all…. Cheers… ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3, I would pronounce it Oshentoshan. But then I would yield to a Scot telling me the right pronouncement.

@Brembo
    , @DaveRS3, What a fantastic whisky, it really tastes totally different straight from the bottle as opposed to very chilled. It has to be chilled for the best taste.

Marc not had that one, enjoy and good news on the job front ???

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Oof, that’s my absolute favourite Brembo. Cheers fella.

You will know you’ve had that in the morning you do know that dont you. It’s a beast of a whiskey, a real behemoth!.

Well, Bobcat got my taste buds tingling so I’ve chosen this for a change.

Nice warm flavour with a touch of sweetness. Cheers guys?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Dave, that looks interesting keep a look out for that one ?

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bob,

I made a right twat of myself up in Aberdeen one night asking for ockentoshen, had to follow up with some jokes making out I knew what I was talking about and was taking the piss?

Your picture reminded me of that night and I was in Aberdeen last in 98′?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@davers3

I love a smoky, peaty Whisky and this one is an ABSOLUTE BELTER!! Possibly one of my all time favourites!!
    I love how it’s clear like a white wine and with 1 lump of ice it goes cloudy!! This is definitely one the peatiest and smokiest Whisky’s I’ve had….. LOVE IT!! ??.

@bobcat

The “Auch” in Auchentoshan is pronounced “och” as in Loch Ness…. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, I stand erected opps corrected?????

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

No problem!! Makes the old Cat a bit frisky the old Auchentoshan does it?? Lol!! ?.

Are you a fan of a peaty/smoky Whisky?? If you are….. THEN THIS IS THE ONE MATE!!

This is absolute liquid gold!! I’m a big fan of Laphroaig 10 YO, but this is on a whole new level!! ??.

@davers3

I remember you telling me about this a good while ago…. Legend!! I’ve been dying to try it since then but it was always on the pricey side coz sometimes once the bottles opened I’m as well throwing the cork away, lol!! ?.

Anyway, Cheers guys… ???.

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@davers3

This Ardbeg is indeed an AWESOME F**KEN WHISKY Pal!! Possibly the best I’ve ever tasted and I’ve had a few….????.

Cheers to Mrs Brembo for surprising me with such an amazing gift this morning… hopefully there’s some left by tomorrow morning…???

This ones for you babe…..

The AWESOME Gerry Cinnamon..!!!

Cheers, Marc.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, I do not mind a light smokey hint of peat whisky. Enjoy your tipple?

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Crackin tune Brembo, Like that so just ordered “The Bonny”.

Glad you like the Ardbeg. Its a belter isn’t it. I like the Laphroaig 10 year too (I get one every christmas without fail) – Ardbeg is the natural progression from Laphroaig.

Bet your payin’ for it today though. Has her indoors commented on how much you stink this morning?.

Doesn’t seem so expensive now does it. Its that good its a bargain!.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to TONIGHTS TIPPLE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!